Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read on the OS that the last player to score five in a single game was the king of the backheel, Denis Law, in the infamous abandoned FA Cup tie, which City were leading 6-2.

Denis scored all six.

I thought Kiddo or the other Dennis, "King of all Geordies" Tueart, had done it in the 70s.

Obviously not.

Just for the record - Denis Law scored 7 goals in the FA cup tie against Luton - and finished on the losing side. He scored the only goal in the replay when City lost 3-1.
Good trivia or pub question.

Who scored 7 goals in an FA cup tie and finished on the losing side.?.

Just read on the OS that the last player to score five in a single game was the king of the backheel, Denis Law, in the infamous abandoned FA Cup tie, which City were leading 6-2.

Denis scored all six.

I thought Kiddo or the other Dennis, "King of all Geordies" Tueart, had done it in the 70s.

Obviously not.
I remember Kiddo netting 4 against Leicester around 77-ish.

Just for the record - Denis Law scored 7 goals in the FA cup tie against Luton - and finished on the losing side. He scored the only goal in the replay when City lost 3-1.
Good trivia or pub question.

Who scored 7 goals in an FA cup tie and finished on the losing side.?.

Yeah, I knew that Denis scored the City goal in the rearranged tie against Luton.

The fact that he was the last City player to score five or more in a match shows what a fantastic achievement it was by Sergio last Saturday week.

The last time a City player scored five in one game before the Lawman was in 1930, when Bobby Marshall put five past Swindon Town in a 10-1 FA Cup victory.

Remember it well. It was '77. Doyle got the other one in a 5-0 win. Was giving it large around the old boarding school for a week after that to all the other Arsenal/Leeds/manure/Liverpool/you name it c*nts there. Well I was the only City fan. I just had to.

Agüero has come out and said he's targeting the Brazil game for his return. And some people on here thought he would think twice about playing in meaningless games for his country...

We just have to accept he's a proud Argentinean who will always love playing for his country.

My first ever game sat in the North Stand, November 1976

Mike Doyle got the other

In my second game we beat Chelsea 6-2.... thought it was gonna be like that every week

Agüero has come out and said he's targeting the Brazil game for his return. And some people on here thought he would think twice about playing in meaningless games for his country...

We just have to accept he's a proud Argentinean who will always love playing for his country.

To be fair, I think I think it's the same for most players. Representing their country is hugely important to them.

I'd be pretty pleased if he was back in action by November 13th, although less happy if his first game back was a full blooded clash against their arch rivals!

Got a feeling it'll be longer than that though.

To be fair, I think I think it's the same for most players. Representing their country is hugely important to them.

I'd be pretty pleased if he was back in action by November 13th, although less happy if his first game back was a full blooded clash against their arch rivals!

Got a feeling it'll be longer than that though.

Exactly. The problem I have is that national managers aren't inclined to protect players as much as club managers, naturally. If Aguero rushes himself back from injury and tells Pellegrini I'm ready to play, he might turn around and say not yet, I want you rested for another two weeks. However if he knocks on the door of the Argentinean manager who is thinking well we don't have another game for a few months he's more than likely to take the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.