Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever game sat in the North Stand, November 1976

Mike Doyle got the other

In my second game we beat Chelsea 6-2.... thought it was gonna be like that every week
I remember that Chelsea game. Didn't Ray Wilkin's brother get sent off late on after being ripped apart all afternoon by Peter Barnes?

Agüero has come out and said he's targeting the Brazil game for his return. And some people on here thought he would think twice about playing in meaningless games for his country...

We just have to accept he's a proud Argentinean who will always love playing for his country.

It's not a meaningless game though, it's a World Cup Qualifier, against Brazil.

The issue I have is, if he's missed an entire month, which includes 7 games for City, then as far as I'm concerned his nation shouldn't be calling him up. In scenarios like that one, where a player has clearly been out injured for a period of time prior to the international break, and hasn't managed to get himself fit enough to play for his actual employer, then it should be common practice that the player isn't deemed to be available for his national side. Not yet able to play for your club, then not yet able to play for your country. A simple rule for FIFA to impose, not that they care.

It's not a meaningless game though, it's a World Cup Qualifier, against Brazil.

The issue I have is, if he's missed an entire month, which includes 7 games for City, then as far as I'm concerned his nation shouldn't be calling him up. In scenarios like that one, where a player has clearly been out injured for a period of time prior to the international break, and hasn't managed to get himself fit enough to play for his actual employer, then it should be common practice that the player isn't deemed to be available for his national side. Not yet able to play for your club, then not yet able to play for your country. A simple rule for FIFA to impose, not that they care.

Completely agree. But the international team would argue that if there wasn't an international game on that day and the club were playing instead, the club would say the player was fit.

Completely agree. But the international team would argue that if there wasn't an international game on that day and the club were playing instead, the club would say the player was fit.

They'd need to be mind readers to make that one stick as the opinion of the national teams medical staff wouldn't be valid (plus, if he wasn't able to be called up then they wouldn't be able to assess him anyway). Maybe we'd use him as a sub, maybe we'd give him 20 minutes at the end, maybe if we were winning by a distance we'd not bother to use him at all, it's all open to interpretation. Plus, as the players employer, it should surely be OUR prerogative to decide when he's fit to return to action, not the choice of a national team manager and doctor who have zero interest in City's results or needs. The next international break, after the one in November, isn't for 3 to 4 months, so Argentina couldn't care less if he aggravated his injury playing for them and missed the next 2 months, he'd still be fit and available for them when they next needed him.

Going by past experience he's not at full steam for first 3-4 matches once he returns so won't be expecting much from him before December.

Surprised no one has posted this yet but Fernando tweeted this today looks like Aguero in the background training?

What it boils down to is aguero injured in a meaningless international and we lose him for important games that could decide the rest of our season. OUT OF ORDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.