Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, come on. Im very excited about Nacho, but Aguero is one of if not the best striker in the world, regardless of if he's not on form at the moment.

Well, the poster has also written that: "Iheanacho's a better rounded footballer and is possibly a better fit to the lone striker role in this system".

And as much as everyone dreads 442, it did have its advantages, and for all we know, it may have suited Kun better than lone striker role. He is quick, agile, with low center of gravity, but he is also short (i.e. no headers, expect only low crosses from Kolarov/Navas), and needs someone to divert some of the defenders' attention, otherwise he is just growing more and more frustrated.

And finally, what's there to lose atm if we play Bony and/or Iheanacho?

I think he looks burnt out. Has played too much football with not enough breaks.

Once the other strikers are fit we should give him a couple of weeks off to recharge his batteries. Hopefully he comes back revitalised and we push on for the title.

I think he looks burnt out. Has played too much football with not enough breaks.

Once the other strikers are fit we should give him a couple of weeks off to recharge his batteries. Hopefully he comes back revitalised and we push on for the title.

What other strikers? Bony can't hit a barn door and Iheanacho has very little experience.

Any section of our fanbase turning on Aguero needs to take a look at themselves. A run of half a dozen games when he's not firing, after a nasty kick to the knee no less, is enough for folk to make their mind up about his body language being off and his head not being in it anymore.
This is Sergio Aguero we're talking about, one of, if not the best striker in world football.
Fucking cranks.

I think he will hit form this season but at the moment, he just can't seem to score or go on them runs or turn his man at ease anymore. He certainly isn't 100% though and he did have a busy summer, point is, come early October, you'd be expecting last seasons aguero who played in the world cup obviously, to have around 5 or 6 by now at least.

He's a world class player in poor form. Deal with it. And, if you can't, the rest of the squad should be able to.

Even if he was in the form of his life he might suffer a career ending injury and we should be able to cope with that. I mean we'd all be upset but it's not right that we're so dependant on one striker that, when he doesn't perform, such a large portion of the blame is laid at his feet.

If we're still talking about this come the end of the season, there will be a point to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.