Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

blueplan said:
One of the trio - Milner, Dzeko or Jovetic had to go with the arrival of Bony.
Easy Jovetic.

Jovetic had his day in court. He was found a bit wanting.

Milner? We had to lose a player from one of our permitted 16 foreign places to fit Bony in, let's pick Milner.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
I didn't think he would be left out of the premier league squad in addition to the champions league squad. Despite his faults he has enjoyed some success this season and still offers another dimension. Also formed a decent partnership with Aguero when they played together (Sunderland away, 2 assists for Aguero v Bayern).

Sadly up to now this whole move seems pointless as we still effectively have only 3 strikers in the squad now he has been banished. What a way to treat a £23million pound asset city. Considering all the financial restrictions in recent years we haven't half been reckless with the spending. I fear we have some clowns running our club.

I don't know why you sound so bitter. A lot (maybe most) PL clubs have only three strikers and it's not like they've ruled out bringing on another striker.

He was likely left out due to his injury record and the fact that Dzeko has been regaining form and over a part of last season showed he can be a reasonable goal scorer.

If 3 proper strikers was deemed enough for the squad to compete in the league (I agree btw), they should have sold Jovetic in January rather than let his value depreciate even further in the following months while seemingly happy to banish him from the squad.

Not sure about the bitter comment, but there is no denying that the handling of our striking situation this season (selling Negredo last day/changing our mind from 4 to 3 strikers/going back to 4 but pretending one doesn't exist) smacks of poor planning and management of the situation. Can this be attributed to the DoF model we use nowadays? Or is it a couple of genuine, unfortunate mistakes that should be forgiven?

Just not quite convinced that he's been given a fair crack of the whip for us. I don't think he's been given a single full ninety minute game for us this season. And if he's been substituted because he wasn't having the desired impact., there've been others in those matches that that was true of. Anyway, he's on his way, so thats that, isn't it.

City Watch @City_Watch · 2m 2 minutes ago
Stevan Jovetic has said "yes" to a move to Inter next summer. Now the two clubs must negotiate an agreement. (via @DiMarzio)

What are we expecting?

I reckon they will offer a loan with an option to buy for 10m.

sam-caddick said:
City Watch @City_Watch · 2m 2 minutes ago
Stevan Jovetic has said "yes" to a move to Inter next summer. Now the two clubs must negotiate an agreement. (via @DiMarzio)

What are we expecting?

I reckon they will offer a loan with an option to buy for 10m.

Bobby always wanted him here so i'm not surprised if it's true

Inter struggling with FFP, don't understand how they could buy Jovetic and still think they have any chance of Yaya without the Champions League revenue. They were also linked with Kolarov. They could offer players in exchange but only Icardi (but do we want ANOTHER striker?) and Kovacic might be of any interest to us.

Square peg, round hole here. Shame because you can see there is a player in him.
Another time and place Stevan and we can only dream what could have been :-)

LoveCity said:
Inter struggling with FFP, don't understand how they could buy Jovetic and still think they have any chance of Yaya without the Champions League revenue. They were also linked with Kolarov. They could offer players in exchange but only Icardi (but do we want ANOTHER striker?) and Kovacic might be of any interest to us.

There is no chance of them passing FFP if they sign both Yaya and Jovetic.

I would want at least 35-40 for both players and I can't see Inter paying that, unless they offer Icardi and 20m, but like you said we don't need another striker.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:

There is no chance of them passing FFP if they sign both Yaya and Jovetic.

I would want at least 35-40 for both players and I can't see Inter paying that, unless they offer Icardi and 20m, but like you said we don't need another striker.

Just thinking about it, they are 9th (4th and 5th qualify for Europa). So if they don't qualify for any UEFA competition, they might be able to spend big next year without any punishment. I think that's how it works anyway. But imagine not wanting to qualify for Europe so that you can spend...!

If we can get £15-20m for him, then we'll have done well. Any money we get for him will be based on his form before playing for us, as he's never done anything for us that would make anyone want to pay much for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.