Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

eversince 76 said:
Ever since it came out Jovetic was out of the CL-squad nothing happened that changed my view on the matter. Bad ma management and bad squadmanagement to out a player that was part of the squad that got us where we were. Instead putting someone in (Bony) who made already a step up by joining us, no CL-experience, not a second trained with us and therefore not played for us as well. Jovetic not suiting our game ... well that could go for a lot of others. Jovetic should have zipped it but l fully understand his frustration. It was as bad a decision from Pellegrini as Mancini leaving out Pantillimon in the FA-cup final. I hope Bony scores a couple to put us through vs Barca to make me eat my words but l can't see it happen.

Bad management indeed.....but not for the reason you state,both should have been included as both are capable of winning a game.There were far better options for exclusion.

Like yourself,while i'm unhappy he's seen his arse,I cant really blame him.

I didn't think he would be left out of the premier league squad in addition to the champions league squad. Despite his faults he has enjoyed some success this season and still offers another dimension. Also formed a decent partnership with Aguero when they played together (Sunderland away, 2 assists for Aguero v Bayern).

Sadly up to now this whole move seems pointless as we still effectively have only 3 strikers in the squad now he has been banished. What a way to treat a £23million pound asset city. Considering all the financial restrictions in recent years we haven't half been reckless with the spending. I fear we have some clowns running our club.

mansour's tow ropes said:
I didn't think he would be left out of the premier league squad in addition to the champions league squad. Despite his faults he has enjoyed some success this season and still offers another dimension. Also formed a decent partnership with Aguero when they played together (Sunderland away, 2 assists for Aguero v Bayern).

Sadly up to now this whole move seems pointless as we still effectively have only 3 strikers in the squad now he has been banished. What a way to treat a £23million pound asset city. Considering all the financial restrictions in recent years we haven't half been reckless with the spending. I fear we have some clowns running our club.

The same clowns who are getting us £80m a season from Etihad?

mansour's tow ropes said:

I don't know why you sound so bitter. A lot (maybe most) PL clubs have only three strikers and it's not like they've ruled out bringing on another striker.

He was likely left out due to his injury record and the fact that Dzeko has been regaining form and over a part of last season showed he can be a reasonable goal scorer.

It seems the decision to keep Lampard had ended Jovetic career with us.

As much as I appreciate what Lampard can give the team, I think Jovetic can give more.

One of the trio - Milner, Dzeko or Jovetic had to go with the arrival of Bony.
Easy Jovetic.

Jovetic had his day in court. He was found a bit wanting.

Pre-season seems a lifetime ago now. There were predictions of him scoring 25+ goals for us this season!

Davs 19 said:
blueplan said:
One of the trio - Milner, Dzeko or Jovetic had to go with the arrival of Bony.
Easy Jovetic.

Jovetic had his day in court. He was found a bit wanting.

Very blinkered.

How about Kolarov ? We've plenty of cover at LB.

Just one example.

If Dzeko goes yes Kolarov can go too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.