Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Not great today, and played too far up front for my liking. But has a lot to offer.

did a job, but I think he is trying to hard to appease opinion on him at the minute. He definitely has talent but it is not coming through in the team yet.

That said he was unlucky with the shot he had, went for the top corner but just to much curl on it

He's used to being the main man in the team. Having the license to try the tricks, the long range shots. He hasnt really got used to the idea that at least part of his role at City is to be a provider. Especially when Aguero is in the team.

To be fair to him today he wasn't expecting Aguero to be playing with his back to goal teeing up one twos for him. So with time he could adapt his game.

He isn't fully wired into the way we play yet but thought he had a decent game. He worked hard and kept the Utd defence on their toes. Something his replacement failed to do !

if he doesnt have a impressive second half to the season, can't see him taking up one of the attacking berths in our squad next year , were at too high a level for passengers , he cant talent but he has to produce and is running out of time

thought he was a bit average today whilst watching the match but have just watched the whole game again and he actually put some nice passes through them in the first half on several occasions.....the lad does try to be creative, sometimes it comes off but other times obviously it doesn't. He did track back a few times and put in some good tackles too.
Should keep his place for next week.

Loses the ball more often than he retains it. Ficks, round the corner passes and clever reverse balls all turning possession over. Nowhere near enough good stuff to justify this slackness.

dave_blue12 said:
He isn't fully wired into the way we play yet but thought he had a decent game. He worked hard and kept the Utd defence on their toes. Something his replacement failed to do !

A corpse would have put more effort in than his replacement!

I definitely prefer him to Dzeko, has much more to his game that suits our flowing style of play. He has to retain his place IMO, Dzeko's been poor week in week out - against WH when he left we were 10x better in attack, and today when he arrived we lost all ability to hold up play and let United have more of a chance.

Not sure I like him up top in a 2 though, looked more effective on the left against West Ham for the last 20 minutes linking up with Silva/Aguero nicely. He said himself he prefers to be behind a striker/on the left rather than the actual striker so would like to see him given a chance there, especially with Silva out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.