Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Damien10 said:
His performance wasn't the greatest, however he's still a better option then Dzeko. At least with Jovetic you get effort. Not only do you get effort you also get energy, he will not hide when things are getting tough or sulk when things are not going his way.

100% in agreement,especially his energy levels.

Needs to cut out that shoulder drop and do the simple pass at times. Numerous times he did it in 2nd half & lost possession.

I really hope this lad justifies the positivity that so many people seem to have for him.

I've never known a player offer so little yet get so much support and hype from fans.

Let's hope he comes good.

ForzaMancini said:
Was shit today. He looks clueless on the pitch, like he never quite knows what it is he's supposed to be doing. He's clearly talented but I think he definitely needs a run of games.

Agreed, piss poor today. Thought he'd rise to it tbh but big let down.

Surprised at the criticism, not everything went for him but he always looked threatening. Had a couple of incredibly dinked balls over defenders in the first half, including the ridiculously good pass for Yaya that should of resulted in a penalty and red card on the stroke of half time. He's got all the tools, the vision, the technique, the dribbling and the shooting, he just needs it all to click and he could be sensational for us.

Not very effective today, but his game isn't about solid 90 minute shifts like Milner for instance, and if a couple of his passes had come off (like for Toure's penalty shout) it would have transformed his performance.

Still doesn't quite seem to fit in with our system (not that we have a really distinct system this year), and is he under instruction to play his whole game within the width of the 18 yard box?

He needs to score some goals, especially as Dzeko currently isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.