Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
dave_blue12 said:
He isn't fully wired into the way we play yet but thought he had a decent game. He worked hard and kept the Utd defence on their toes. Something his replacement failed to do !

A corpse would have put more effort in than his replacement!
Perhaps he was subbed because he'll start on Wednesday.

doots said:
I rate him but is there such a thing as a player trying too hard?

I think there is... he tries to either take too much on or try the pass that can't be made. What he needs to do is to keep it simple. Whenever he is near the opposition goal he tries to be the one to force the issue, which ok you cannot blame him to much for cos he is young, but we have other players that will try and play him in to finish the job and most of the time he makes the wrong pass. Compare his vision of the game to Merlin and there is no comparison

Big second half of the season for him to stake a place in the team coming up

We're spoiled a bit by Silva, but most creative types are a bit hit and miss with their passing. All it takes is one or two to come off, and were it not for the ref one of his efforts should have resulted in a penalty and red card.

I like Jovetic. He tries the spectacularly on occasion when the simpler pass would be better, but I can't express his importance to us at the moment because the only alternative we have is Dzeko!

I feel as if this is his first proper season with us as last season he was blighted with injury. He's young and once he's properly bedded in I think he can become a star for us. He just needs our faith and time to settle into the side and he'll prove his worth.

I think he just needs time, this is his first proper season. I got a bit annoyed at him yesterday for losing the ball a few times but I remembered that the alternative is dzeko and calmed down. He just looks like he wants to impress a little too much. Although he played a beautiful long ball, and I didn't know he had that in his locker. Much rather we play jovetic who can drop deep and play on the left than that lump dzeko. Give him time, he's a silky player.

I thought he played well, he got stuck in in midfield (missed badly when replaced by Dzeko) made the rag defenders come out of position to close him down in case he shot (leaving space behind on several occasions, one of which led to the Yaya-Clichy-Aguero chance and goal) and played some beautiful balls through and over the rags defence. Needs a decent run of games though.

I watch Man City for years now, and I woud say that the main, constant problem that i see is lack of ambition in tearms of develloping the game they play, and lack of recognition about what are the limits of our squad. Look at Man City in CL those years. Yes they can win title's with talent we have in squad, but this squad is nowhere near full potential. Look at Barca. There are players that played hundreds of games together. That is where the game is bevelloped. Nasri, Silva, Jovetic are the core of this squad and need to play all together. City need's to build a team around the top talent they have. But that is so hard when you are in need of constant possitive results. I am an optimist about City. But still can;t see them do anything about it this season. City simple do not play the game that will suit the talent in the squad. Apart from Aguero, or Toure last season. The worst thing about City is that there will be no major critic about the game becouse they have such individual talent that can in a moments of individual briliance make the result, and therefor all will think City's fine. This is not fine. Just look and the movement and creativity of Jovetic, and players around him in this latest game. I can't see him displace as many passes playing with teammates that know how to combine to create, and not inpact to score. Milner, Kolarov, Dzeko, Navas ...are all great players that would not stand a chance in Barca. Can you imagine what woud this squad be able to do under lead of more bold and more modern manager than Pelegrini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.