Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

SuperBlu said:
babyajay said:
Say what you want but at least when he came on he had a bit of urgency and directness about him. Have him in the team any day over Dzeko or Bony. Hasn't been given a fair crack if you ask me. Should have been brought on sooner.

I agree.

fredmont said:
Bollox. Bony has hardly been given a chance. Numpties.

Whilst that is true, now is and wasn't the time to be integrating a new player into our team and system at such a crucial time of our season. The little time he has played it has been truly evident he isn't used to our play and yet to find a comfortable role in our team. Whilst I do hope and believe he will come good for us, I would have been playing Jovetic over him and Dzeko in recent matches.

It was there for all to see today, as soon as Jovetic came on as much as it didn't come off for us, he was the only one who was prepared to be direct and inject some energy, enthusiasm into our attack as he has displayed most of the time when he's played, Bayern for example.

Gets such unfair criticism on here and seems a shame that he's on his way out as I feel he could become a massive player for us.

Even Sergio would struggle to get any sort of rhythm or form if he is in and out of the side like Stevan has been this season and I am not surprised one bit he's looked rusty at times.

He's had a relatively injury free campaign this year and should have played a lot more than he has.

The lad has quality and so much to offer this team and you're delusional to think otherwise.

I have said this numerous times that Jovetic has that invaluable character and spirit that is and has been lacking in the squad and because of that I view him as a valuable asset in the squad. Had to accept the reality of the situation, which is that the club- whether the manager or executives do not rate him and has thus treated him unfairly. I had to accept that he may not have a future at the club but I still rate jovetic as a very talented player with a no- nonsense -"oh everybody is unhappy, oh everybody do not respect the club, oh everybody do not care about winning the league this year, oh every body is saving themselves for Barcelona , oh everybody is once again throwing the manager under the bus'' BUT TO HELL WITH ALL THAT, I AM STILL GOING TO APPLY MYSELF AND GIVE IT A GO"- attitude and that individualism was seen when he was brought in the game today. He was the one looking to drive forward, shift the ball and take that shot when everybody else where dilly dallying aimlessly on the ball.

Pellegrini .. and the players deserve a lot of criticism for how this season has been wasted , I mean for a team so gifted to drop the points in the games they did and be in this current situation is beyond failure, it is a travesty. But the people involved with player transfers (which may include Pellegrini), I am talking about Txiki in particular has to take a lot of blame as well because the distinct lack of wisdom in the way we are handling player transfers and handling players is just horrible.

We don't know how to assess players and we don't know who the true heroes are.

babyajay said:
fredmont said:

Whilst that is true, now is and wasn't the time to be integrating a new player into our team and system at such a crucial time of our season. The little time he has played it has been truly evident he isn't used to our play and yet to find a comfortable role in our team. Whilst I do hope and believe he will come good for us, I would have been playing Jovetic over him and Dzeko in recent matches.

It was there for all to see today, as soon as Jovetic came on as much as it didn't come off for us, he was the only one who was prepared to be direct and inject some energy, enthusiasm into our attack as he has displayed most of the time when he's played, Bayern for example.

Gets such unfair criticism on here and seems a shame that he's on his way out as I feel he could become a massive player for us.

Even Sergio would struggle to get any sort of rhythm or form if he is in and out of the side like Stevan has been this season and I am not surprised one bit he's looked rusty at times.

He's had a relatively injury free campaign this year and should have played a lot more than he has.

The lad has quality and so much to offer this team and you're delusional to think otherwise.

I have nothing against Bony but he should not have been signed in January. We didn't need him and he is proving the pundits are clowns "Bony will be the difference that brings the title to City". The lad wasn't available until late February because of the daft African Nations tournament. And now he hasn't been given much game time, he doesn't know our style of play and is struggling. Whereas Stevan has lots of enthusiasm and should have been a key figure in MP's squad. We know he gets injuries but I think we would have had a few better performances from the team if he had been in the 18 man squad for every game because he wants to impress us and enthusiasm is contagious. MP made a major cock-up cutting him from the CL squad.

babyajay said:
fredmont said:

Fully agree with your points. I really rate Jojo and was a lone voice the other day thinking he will still be with us next season (and I still think and hope he will be). We could do a lot worse than giving him a long run of games.

For me, he would always be in the team ahead of Dzeko.

Jovetic is another player that isn't helped by MP he's a number 10 like silva and he isn't getting a fair run imo poor lad huge talent and he had a good attitude if u ask me

mosssideblue said:
babyajay said:
fredmont said:

He certainly should have been given a few ninety-minute games. He's had one this season. One. That was the COC tie against Newcastle. Granted, he was poor. Who was good that night?

Fully agree with your points. I really rate Jojo and was a lone voice the other day thinking he will still be with us next season (and I still think and hope he will be). We could do a lot worse than giving him a long run of games.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
mosssideblue said:
babyajay said:

He certainly should have been given a few ninety-minute games. He's had one this season. One. That was the COC tie against Newcastle. Granted, he was poor that night. Who in the entire team was good?

He certainly should have been given a few ninety-minute games. He's had one this season. One. That was the COC tie against Newcastle. Granted, he was poor. Who was good that night?

Here's hoping that after the dreadfull Pellegrini is binned the new boss whoever he may be finds space for this talented footballer.

I honestly feel and it may not be what anyone wants to admit that plenty of our stars may want out after the shambles this season and may not be up for the challenge of a third manager in 5 years. Jovetic being post Mancini does not fit into that category.

Post Mancini players. Navas, Fernandinho, MdM, Bony, Jovetic, Mangala. While they recieve quite a bit of criticism none of them appear indolent when on the pitch.

What we need to do is find out if Silva and Kun want to stay. Yaya as he is such a one off and is difficult to incorporate into a team structure. Let him go to PSG, in exchange for Matuidi or Veratti. If Silva stays let Nasri go, talented but lightweight mentally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.