Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

It would be a mistake to let him go, he is exactly what we need, especially next season, an energetic player who is willing to work for the team, and he is very creative as well. If I had to choose between him and Nasri, I'd definitely choose Jovetic.

Injuries are a big issue. Sadly there's not much the poor lad can do about it. Without that he'd be a good one to keep.

if he has a clear run of games ...8-9-10 games and not just substitute cameos, I have no doubt he'll prove his worth. Players need a chance. We shouldn't offload him unless we get good coin for him.

cleavers said:
andersmcfcdk said:
If I had to choose between him and Nasri, I'd definitely choose Jovetic.
We'll lose both this summer, but we'll get one in that's better imho.

I like Jovetic, and despite everything going against him in his career here, he still comes on and gives his all, not a bad trait.

I really feel for the lad, he tries on and off the field. When you see him on tunnel cam, even if he is not playing he is always there slapping backs and shaking hands. He seems to have a really good attitude and it looks like he's tried his best to fit in.
Unfortunately, it just hasn't worked out for him. I don't think he suits our team, and despite his obvious talent and quality I think he needs to move on.
I don't think he will be here next year, but I do think he will prove to be a great player somewhere else.

stony said:
cleavers said:
andersmcfcdk said:
If I had to choose between him and Nasri, I'd definitely choose Jovetic.
We'll lose both this summer, but we'll get one in that's better imho.

I like Jovetic, and despite everything going against him in his career here, he still comes on and gives his all, not a bad trait.

I really feel for the lad, he tries on and off the field. When you see him on tunnel cam, even if he is not playing he is always there slapping backs and shaking hands. He seems to have a really good attitude and it looks like he's tried his best to fit in.
Unfortunately, it just hasn't worked out for him. I don't think he suits our team, and despite his obvious talent and quality I think he needs to move on.
I don't think he will be here next year, but I do think he will prove to be a great player somewhere else.

I think it is more of a pecking order issue with Jovetic or to put it bluntly a respect issue with him. From the very beginning, there have been players that were considered better than him in that striking position and he was always considered as a third or forth option. This is perhaps where people talk about Pellegrini and his capacity to really assess players. My belief is that he wrongly does not rate Jovetic as highly as the other strikers and that has been one of the reasons why it has not worked out for Jovetic in the club.

This is obviously compounded by his persistent injuries of course.

But I have to say that if there is a player that can fit into any team regardless of the situation and problems then that player is Jovetic. Because as everyone is recognizing, he is a focused, team player and adds naught but positivity and objectivity to everything that he does. He is a '' no time for nonsense'' kind of player. Despite the way he has been treated and the problems he has had, he is still in there getting stuck in either in training or on the pitch.

His versatility is another invaluable asset as well and so I think he certainly can fit in to the club but he needs a manager that recognizes his worth, fans that supports him.. as some people just want to hate and also he needs to stay fit and just keep keeping at it.

How much we will sell him for ?

To buy someone who is as good as him means we have to spend +30m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.