Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Jovetic has been granted one ninety-minute game this season. One. That was the COC tie against Newcastle. Like everyone else that night, he was bad. I'd definitely play him instead of Dzeko for a couple of full games, and soon. Because the club has to decide if we want to keep him, and even if not, he has to be put in the shop window to recoup a decent proportion of the very considerable fee laid out for him.

Been treated fairly shabbily, the fact that he's not an out-and-out striker means he gives us more flexibility/options from the bench. I'd involve him in every game from hereon in - in a team utterly devoid of energy, drive and desire at least he looks like he wants to be on the pitch and wants to make something happen.

babyajay said:
Game was crying out for him tonight.

Let's not overdo his qualities.

Frankly he has been a fucking huge waste of money. He gets injured sneezing that fella and has contributed very little. I have not seen anything in Jovetic to think we would have done any better had he played.

Gets better every time he doesn't play apparently. Gets worse ever time he does though, so it evens itself out.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
babyajay said:
Game was crying out for him tonight.

Let's not overdo his qualities.

Frankly he has been a fucking huge waste of money. He gets injured sneezing that fella and has contributed very little. I have not seen anything in Jovetic to think we would have done any better had he played.

He would have given us much more than some of the options used tonight. Bony? Nasri? Milner?

The lad would have given us some energy and at least tried to make something happen, whether it came off or not. He links up well with Aguero as shown against Sunderland and Bayern, some of our best football this season has been with him in the side.

Would you honestly have rather Bony and Nasri over him tonight? I like Milner but in games like this his technical qualities let him down, twice he had great crossing opportunities and spurned both.

Say what you want about Jovetic he wouldn't have gone hiding tonight.

The reason Jovetic has been railroaded is because Silva doesn't like to pass to the positioning Jovetic takes up. Love both players but
Pellegrini should have worked that out and made it work!

Glad he got some minutes and assist today.

Personally, I will be sad to see him leave and shine in another team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.