Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

We can get more than £12m surely, he's genuinely been one of the most disappointing signings in recent times for me, I thought we'd signed a true class act.

MC ID said:
We can get more than £12m surely, he's genuinely been one of the most disappointing signings in recent times for me, I thought we'd signed a true class act.

Why are me such mugs in the transfer market ?

Liverpool want Jovetic for £ 12 million (yet Sunderland wanted to pay £ 11 million for Borini) and may get Milner on a free - We should tell anyone Jovetic will cost £ 20 million
Chelsea want Dzeko for £ 10 million (yet got £ 40 million for Luis and £ 34 million for Mata ) - We should tell anyone that Dzeko will cost £ 25 million
Inter want Toure on a free transfer or a poultry £ 6 million - we should tell anyone that Toure will cost £ 25 million
Villa do not want to even pay £ 3.4 million for Sinclair

Yet many people say City should do better than 2nd because of the talent in the squad. If these players are talented lets get decent money for them then.

City1974 said:
MC ID said:

Liverpool want Jovetic for £ 12 million (yet Sunderland wanted to pay £ 11 million for Borini) and may get Milner on a free - We should tell anyone Jovetic will cost £ 20 million
Chelsea want Dzeko for £ 10 million (yet got £ 40 million for Luis and £ 34 million for Mata ) - We should tell anyone that Dzeko will cost £ 25 million
Inter want Toure on a free transfer or a poultry £ 6 million - we should tell anyone that Toure will cost £ 25 million

Yet many people say City should do better than 2nd because of the talent in the squad. If these players are talented lets get decent money for them then.

You realise that telling everyone Dzeko will cost 25m, or Jovetic 20m, doesn't mean anyone will actually pay it, right?

City1974 said:
MC ID said:

I agree. We always seem to buy for top whack and sell for peanuts but for those prices we'll be stuck with them as no one else is silly enough to pay it.

Liverpool show interest in Stevan Jovetic as Manchester City slap on £20million price tag

Manchester City want £20million for Stevan Jovetic.

The Montenegro striker is surplus to requirements at the Etihad and has attracted strong interest from Inter Milan but so far the Italians have only outlined a loan deal with view to a permanent transfer.

Liverpool have been credited with interest but have yet to follow up with any enquiry.

City paid £22million for Jovetic when they signed him from Fiorentina in 2013. Although his opportunities have been limited they still want to recoup most of their initial outlay for a player who is still only 25.

Jovetic has scored five goals in 26 games for City this season including two goals against Liverpool back in August. His last appearance for City came as a substitute in the 3-0 win over West Bromwich Albion in March.

Liverpool want another striker despite already signing Divock Origi and making an offer to Burnley's Danny Ings. They also hope to sign City midfielder James Milner.

^ Well if we're selling to Liverpool we should involve him in a Sterling deal. Would make sense instead of paying a ridiculously high transfer fee for the latter.

Dzeko is 29 and coming of a very poor season. £10m would be more than fair.

Yaya is 32 and on £250k a week. £10m would be more than fair.

Jovetic is still young but injury prone and coming of a very poor 2 seasons. £15m would be more than fair if it's a foreign club, Liverpool should pay a £5m premium.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
^ Well if we're selling to Liverpool we should involve him in a Sterling deal. Would make sense instead of paying a ridiculously high transfer fee for the latter.
Amen.

£20m plus Jovetic for Raheem?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.