Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

without a dream said:
He's trying way too hard atm. Needs to just play his game rather than try something with a tiny percentage of success every time he gets the ball.

That's a fair point. He seems to take very high risk options which often lead to the ball going to the opposition. He really needs to look at his approach and not chance his arm every time he gets the ball.

At the moment I am in the yet to be convinced camp. Mind you he does try things, as opposed to a lot of our play which involves passing the ball endlessly around the edge of the box.

Jovetic tries to be the superstar and isn't good enough to do that.

He gave the ball away far too often last night, he needs to relax and learn when to play a simple ball.

There's a really good player there, so much ability, but he seems to have quite an immature mentality on the pitch at times.

CityFan94 said:
Jovetic tries to be the superstar and isn't good enough to do that.

He gave the ball away far too often last night, he needs to relax and learn when to play a simple ball.

There's a really good player there, so much ability, but he seems to have quite an immature mentality on the pitch at times.

I think his biggest issue is he was injured so aften last season. He feels like he still has to prove himselve so he is trying to be special instead of doing what comes naturally to him.

Jury very much out for me.

Clearly has abundant talent but it's all flicks, tricks, million dollar passes and piss and wind at the moment. He's a real luxury and given his style I think he needs a bit more time and space than he's going to get in English football for him to be at his best.

I don't think he was a bad buy, he's got so much class, but trying to do what he wants in such tight spaces inevitably leads to him losing the ball more often than not. I think Serie A was the best place for him, he's going to have to adapt his style to make it in England.

Another factor is that I don't think he's the right type to be behind 1st choice strikers in a pool. He needs to be starting regularly to get up to the pace of the game. Maybe we'll see the best of him if he can stay fit and get a run of games.

When all is said and done he's been here 18 months and hasn't really contributed. Unless we see a real improvement in his fitness record and signs of him adapting to English football then I'd be very reluctant to enter the second half of this season and definitely next season with him as one of a pool of three strikers.

At least the lad's effort is there. He's just trying too hard, he needs to relax. But I don't think his teammates are allowing him to do that and he sees that and he's just trying to compensate for the lack of intensity throughout the rest of the team.

Agree with everything written above, he's just trying too hard, probably because he's not getting proper game time at the moment. Needs a prolonged run in the team, in fact generally we need a more stable team selection - its one thing that stands out recently, we don't play as a team whilst the opposition is

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Jovetic is a definite starter for sunday , play 4-3-2-1 with silva(if injured nasri) and jovetic behind aguero , give the rags defence nightmares.
Nasri wont be ready to play 90 mins against Utd and Dzeko should pack his bags

I like Jovetic because at least he, Yaya and Mangala tried. Possibly Nasri too, but he wasn't on his game

Felt sorry for him last night. He did a lot of what Tevez used to do, dropping deep into midfield to get the ball because he just wasnt getting the service, obviously this meant we were a man light up top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.