Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

vinny123 said:
what is his injury, and how long is it projected that he will be out for, it seems to be a different injury every week, is he our Darren Anderton ie the club sick note

MP has indicated he will miss the next 5 games at least as will Dzeko.

Looks like Super Frank will be getting a fair bit of game time from now on.

Davs 19 said:
dobobobo said:
Davs 19 said:
2014 appearances:

Jovetic 19
Kompany 20
Aguero 23

Source: soccerbase

His injury record isn't ideal but he's an easy target for some on here mate.

How many minutes did each of those players play?

Google is your friend.

What am I, your PA ?

I'm not the one making your point.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Ducado said:
I think people are being a little harsh it may be a knock and they are resting him

We left ourselves horribly exposed to this exact scenario when we opted not to replace Negredo, and as a consequence have no-one else to blame. Going into a season with just 3 forwards - and one of whom is really a glorified attacking midfield player - would have been asking for trouble even had 2 of the 3 not missed half of last season with persistent, niggling injuries. It's testament to the rest of the team that we've managed to grind out consecutive 1-0 wins in the circumstances, but truthfully (and understandably) we created next to nothing in those two games, and if we're still within 3 points of Chelsea come the start of January, I will be a very happy boy indeed. Yeh our luck is shit, but the point is we knew it was shit, yet made no allowance for it. We need Jovetic fit now like never before

Txiki and Co have to take it on the chin that, in this instance, they fucked up royally. I am not as pessimistic as you though. We have quality attacking midfielders who can score goals against our next few opponents. However, we really could do with Jovetic being fit over the festive season.

dobobobo said:
Davs 19 said:
dobobobo said:

Google is your friend.

What am I, your PA ?

No, you're the one that is obviously not understanding my point.

Read my original post in this conversation and concentrate, I know that deep down you have it within yourself to do this.

Nowhere, have I talked about minutes played, only the availability of the player and comparisons with others. The manager picks the team, brings on the subs etc.

At least this is one thread where you can't refer people back to a thread title you've misread although I'm sure you'll still attempt to reposition yourself after this answer ;.)

The injury situation for our strikers is really worrying. Thankfully, the rest of the team has done great and the Christmas schedule doesn't look too bad on paper. Would be surprised if we didn't bring in another striker in January. As others have pointed out, going into a busy season with only three striker, with one of them with constant injury problems is risky. Could be FFP that limited us though.

All in all, very happy with the fighting spirit and that the team efforts have been great lately. If we can only score one goal per game, at least make sure we keep a clean sheet.

Ducado said:
I think people are being a little harsh it may be a knock and they are resting him

If that's the case then according to MP he's been given the rest of the month off at least.

mancity1 said:
Ducado said:
Easily
If that's the case then according to MP he's been given the rest of the month off at least.

Was this post match? Before the game they were saying slight knock and precautionary.

If he is out as well as Dzeko and Aguero then we have got problems even against teams we would normally easily beat.

Nasri as striker?

dobobobo said:
Davs 19 said:
dobobobo said:

Google is your friend.

What am I, your PA ?

Actually, he has played almost 6 hours of football since November 1. Such a hectic pace would wear on anybody. We need to thank our lucky stars that Stevan Jovetic is a member of the squad and should be looking towards extending him.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
mancity1 said:
Ducado said:
Easily

Was this post match? Before the game they were saying slight knock and precautionary.

If he is out as well as Dzeko and Aguero then we have got problems even against teams we would normally easily beat.

Nasri as striker?

Nasri as our Messi ?

Looks like the Barca approach may be all that's left to us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.