Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Davs 19 said:
dobobobo said:
Davs 19 said:
No, you're the one that is obviously not understanding my point.

Read my original post in this conversation and concentrate, I know that deep down you have it within yourself to do this.

Nowhere, have I talked about minutes played, only the availability of the player and comparisons with others. The manager picks the team, brings on the subs etc.

At least this is one thread where you can't refer people back to a thread title you've misread although I'm sure you'll still attempt to reposition yourself after this answer ;.)

You provided a stat and as I and others have said, the stat is not much good without minutes played.

Compare these lists and see the difference.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espnfc.com/player/119612/stevan-jovetic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espnfc.com/player/119612/stevan-jovetic</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espnfc.com/player/44927/sergio-aguero" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espnfc.com/player/44927/sergio-aguero</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espnfc.com/player/72935/vincent-kompany" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espnfc.com/player/72935/vincent-kompany</a>

The difference being Jovetic is never fit enough to be reliable. And has has been previously put to you, did Jovetic play much football over the summer? No.

You completely ignored, as you often do, what the post your responding to actually said.

I give up mate, you're probably a nice guy/girl , but it isn't possible to have a debate with someone on a written forum that's either unable or chooses not to read and understand what the other person has actually written.

For clarity, one more time, I've talked about the number of appearances made by Jovetic and others. Nowhere Have I talked about minutes on the pitch.

The manager decides who starts, who come off, who goes on. The facts suggest that in 2014, there was not as much difference in the availability of the 3 players mentioned as some may think.

I really hope that clears it up for you although I suspect that you'll continue to plough the same furrow, ignoring any inconvenient truths that don't substantiate your point of view or fuel your desire for confrontation.

Enjoy the rest of the evening Dobby :)

I'll keep it simple.

You provided a stat on how many matches three players had played. I and others asked how many minutes did each of those players play. Why? Because your stat means nothing when it doesn't indicate how much time each of those players spent on the pitch.

Damn right the manager decides who starts, who comes off, and who goes on. But he makes those decisions on the basis of how fit a player is as the links I provided show in part.

Looking at the first 18 mths of jovetic's first 18 months at city - I'd say getting 4 games out of him before xmas is optimistic and the chance of getting anywhere near our money back due to his injury record even less so.

I'm sure we'll sign a striker in jan - but the issue is we'll have very limited funds so maybe looking at a loan.

Love Bites and Everything said:
Soft as shit.

Talented and may show some real class at stages in his career, however, not what we need.

He could pull a hammy boiling the kettle.

Nasty and Jo Jo to Inter in Jan, free up £25 - £30 to buy a forward who can actually participate in games of football.

I really like Jovetic, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club are thinking along the same lines as yourself. He needed to have a solid season after his first non-starter, and it was looking very promising in pre-season, but in what is feeling pretty typical now it's all a bit stop start stop start.

blue ranger said:
Looking at the first 18 mths of jovetic's first 18 months at city - I'd say getting 4 games out of him before xmas is optimistic and the chance of getting anywhere near our money back due to his injury record even less so.

I'm sure we'll sign a striker in jan - but the issue is we'll have very limited funds so maybe looking at a loan.

According to MP he is out for December at least.

I wish we could sign at least one forward tomorrow to start against Crystal Palace.

We will have to use Nasri and Yaya upfront until Jan1 when hopefully we have a new signing available for Sunderland.

If we're being truthful he's had a very easy ride from us.

If a player had shown this sort of appearance record 10/15 years ago he'd have been getting dogs abuse.

Jovetic doesn't even deserve a nickname, he should be referred to as 'that injured forward'.

If a player had shown this sort of appearance record 10/15 years ago he'd have been getting dogs abuse.

Jovetic doesn't even deserve a nickname, he should be referred to as 'that injured forward'.

Once he recovers from this latest in a long line of setbacks he has to decide if he has a future at this club.

We cannot carry him for a third season.

Gutted to say that i agree with the notion of letting stevan go. Absolute gem of a player whrn fit but far too many games missed and now another injury!

mancity1 said:

Once he recovers from this latest in a long line of setbacks he has to decide if he has a future at this club.

"he has to decide"

It's got fuck all to do with him as far as I'm concerned.

It's the club's decision.

We've got titles to be competing for and if he has proved one thing since he's been with us it is that he is not going to assist us in that quest.

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but he needs to be sold. He's a liability.

Jovetic

mancity1 said:

"he has to decide"

It's got fuck all to do with him as far as I'm concerned.

It's the club's decision.

We've got titles to be competing for and if he has proved one thing since he's been with us it is that he is not going to assist us in that quest.

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but he needs to be sold. He's a liability.

Agreed but he has to get himself fit and stay fit which is largely up to him , if he can do that he is an asset to us.

If he can't he has to go.

Like Vinny , Kun , Edin , Silva etc they are no use to us injured.

mancity1 said:
blue ranger said:

According to MP he is out for December at least.

I wish we could sign at least one forward tomorrow to start against Crystal Palace.

We will have to use Nasri and Yaya upfront until Jan1 when hopefully we have a new signing available for Sunderland.

Has this come from Aussie TV or something, cos I've seen no media pronouncements over here? Even the MUEN has nothing on the subject of Jovetic, although it does say we won't be seeing Kompers or Bosnian Bob any time soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.