Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Exeter Blue I am here said:
mancity1 said:
blue ranger said:
Looking at the first 18 mths of jovetic's first 18 months at city - I'd say getting 4 games out of him before xmas is optimistic and the chance of getting anywhere near our money back due to his injury record even less so.

I'm sure we'll sign a striker in jan - but the issue is we'll have very limited funds so maybe looking at a loan.

According to MP he is out for December at least.

I wish we could sign at least one forward tomorrow to start against Crystal Palace.

We will have to use Nasri and Yaya upfront until Jan1 when hopefully we have a new signing available for Sunderland.

Has this come from Aussie TV or something, cos I've seen no media pronouncements over here? Even the MUEN has nothing on the subject of Jovetic, although it does say we won't be seeing Kompers or Bosnian Bob any time soon

Pellers post match on the OS

karen7 said:
mancity1 said:

I wish we could sign at least one forward tomorrow to start against Crystal Palace.

We will have to use Nasri and Yaya upfront until Jan1 when hopefully we have a new signing available for Sunderland.

Has this come from Aussie TV or something, cos I've seen no media pronouncements over here? Even the MUEN has nothing on the subject of Jovetic, although it does say we won't be seeing Kompers or Bosnian Bob any time soon

Pellers post match on the OS

Bollocks. I was hoping it was gonna be a wind up from some bastard like Jackson or Herbert!

Jovetic

mancity1 said:
blue ranger said:
Looking at the first 18 mths of jovetic's first 18 months at city - I'd say getting 4 games out of him before xmas is optimistic and the chance of getting anywhere near our money back due to his injury record even less so.

I'm sure we'll sign a striker in jan - but the issue is we'll have very limited funds so maybe looking at a loan.

As Karen says its on the OS.

Have a funny feeling not a good one mind you that Jovetic will be unavailable for more than a few weeks.

Given that Dzeko and Vinny now have further aggrevation to old or related injuries you can be assured they will have to be given more time than before to recover.

My guess is both to be back by mid to late January at the earliest.

Depsite what may be said about Kun we know he won't be back prior to Feb hence the need to get a striker or two on loan in January.

Jovetic

mancity1 said:
mancity1 said:

Have a funny feeling not a good one mind you that Jovetic will be unavailable for more than a few weeks.

Given that Dzeko and Vinny now have further aggrevation to old or related injuries you can be assured they will have to be given more time than before to recover.

Depsite what may be said about Kun we know he won't be back prior to Feb hence the need to get a striker or two on loan in January.

I'd even take Torres!

mancity1 said:
mancity1 said:

It's horrendous whichever way we look at it. Pellegrini will need to earn his crust in the next month that's for sure.

If we can get Kun back for Chelsea that will be something but we have to buy/loan on Jan 1. These injuries are terrible for us. How unlucky can one team be especially in the department that matters.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
mancity1 said:

It's horrendous whichever way we look at it. Pellegrini will need to earn his crust in the next month that's for sure.

If we can get Kun back for Chelsea that will be something but we have to buy/loan on Jan 1. These injuries are terrible for us. How unlucky can one team be especially in the department that matters.

I'm afraid we made our own luck on this one. Starting a season with just 2 strikers, backed up by an attacking midfielder with a frankly dreadful injury record, was asking for trouble, and City being City we managed to find it by the bucketload. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail, and all that. Just pray we can grind out a couple more 1-0's til January 1st

mancity1 said:

I'm afraid we made our own luck on this one. Starting a season with just 2 strikers, backed up by an attacking midfielder with a frankly dreadful injury record, was asking for trouble, and City being City we managed to find it by the bucketload. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail, and all that. Just pray we can grind out a couple more 1-0's til January 1st

Viinny twice , Jovetic twice, Dzeko twice all coming back too soon obviously but no doubt we left ourselves short upfront.

We were a tad unlucky with Kun and Silva and hoping Kolorov was a one off but he is being nursed as well which is what we should have done with the other players.

mancity1 said:

A perfect summation for me. A big couple of weeks coming up for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.