Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Sigh said:
Bluster said:
He is without doubt the most infuriating footballer I have seen at City.
Hi Edin!
bubl-wave.gif
Lol! Too true

Ballymagash Blue said:
fredmont said:
He has an amazing ability to pick out an opposition player when under no pressure at all.

Always appears to be trying too hard, trying to pick passes that are just not on. Would anyone on here seriously prefer Stevan over Bony or Benteke? Or Draxler? I don't think he'll be at the Etihad next season.

I laughed hard when he scored against Sunderland, even than he needed to do it on fancy way, he's Brazilian of 80s in disguise :D

Jovetic is not a target man .. hes the kind of striker that drifts wide or drops deep .. i.e. a secondary striker.

He'd do well alongside dzeko or aguero or on the left wing.

I'd keep him in the squad if he wasn't injury prone.

Not good enough, runs around arms all over the place looking busy mainly because he's given the ball away and trying to win back. Has not contributed anything of significance to date. One flick for a goal which if it didnt come off would of looked a complete tool.

I really cant see any signs for improvement, sometimes players give you a glimpse of what they are capable of but not for me. Be happy to cash in and bring someone else in.

Jovetic is a very good footballer

Unfortunately Jovetic thinks he is better than he actually is

If he took all that fancy dan shit out of his game

Thought from time to time that he cannot take on the entire opposition team in a dribble

He'd be seen in a different light

I appreciate his enthusiasm...but like mentioned...he loses the ball alot

He needs to be less selfish and release the ball quicker

Underrated by most blues in my opinion, he's always actively looking for space to receive the ball whilst dragging defenders all over the place to create space in behind him. I think with a decent spell in the team his passing would improve and he'd start to prove a few doubters wrong. However that said injuries have prevented him getting that decent run in the side which is a worry, I'd let Dzeko go before I'd let Jovetic go personally.

mekonmcfc said:
Not good enough, runs around arms all over the place looking busy mainly because he's given the ball away and trying to win back. Has not contributed anything of significance to date. One flick for a goal which if it didnt come off would of looked a complete tool.

I really cant see any signs for improvement, sometimes players give you a glimpse of what they are capable of but not for me. Be happy to cash in and bring someone else in.

Second goal v's Roma springs to mind. He was key in the build up to that goal and had a good game that night.

He wasn't that bad as some people make out on here, and he will unfortunately always suffer as a main striker. I actually thought that Milner, for example, had a bigger shocker in the first half and until he converted into a striker, when he was a beast. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with Jovetic on the left wing would have been a better decision.

He needs to sort out that he's almost always trying too much, of course, and it is really becoming a concern. I initially thought it's just him wanting to impress everyone after his injuries, but some of his take ons are totally pointless.

If he had an ounce of bravery he would have made an effort for the through all in the first half, if he makes contact first then red card and pen.

I think we have to accept he isn't good enough!

Any news on Iheanacho?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.