Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Not good enough for me, just don't see an actual contribution from him apart from simple short passes

BlueAnorak said:
Proved today that he isn't good enough for where City want to go.

I agree with this. I think it's to do with his style of play. We play with a lot of intricate ball retention around the opposition box. We tend to commit a lot of players to our attack and Jovetic simply doesn't fit into this style of play. He is not as good as Nasri or Silva as he gives the ball away far too often, and as a lone striker he can't hold up the ball.

I just don't think that he has the technique to play the City way.

I thought against Sunderland he did pretty much nothing until his goal went in and it looks like today going of some of these recent comments he frustrated again today.

To be fair to Jovetic, he did look a decent player when partnered with Aguero so maybe he needs that support up top rather than being an out and out striker.

I still think he has until the end of the season to prove his fitness, that's his main concern at City in my opinion.

jollylescott said:
BlueAnorak said:
Proved today that he isn't good enough for where City want to go.

I agree with this. I think it's to do with his style of play. We play with a lot of intricate ball retention around the opposition box. We tend to commit a lot of players to our attack and Jovetic simply doesn't fit into this style of play. He is not as good as Nasri or Silva as he gives the ball away far too often, and as a lone striker he can't hold up the ball.

I just don't think that he has the technique to play the City way.

He is a lot better when in the team with Silva and Nasri

He has an amazing ability to pick out an opposition player when under no pressure at all.

What load of moaning gits ! Not a great player but a good player.He has shown it fleetingly for us so far due to injuries but he will show it more and more as his career continues.

Staggering how good City are with such crap player like Jovetic,Kolarov,Clichy,Mangala,Sagna and Milner I was reading on here somewhere today.

Football fans are just brilliant.

fredmont said:
He has an amazing ability to pick out an opposition player when under no pressure at all.

Always appears to be trying too hard, trying to pick passes that are just not on. Would anyone on here seriously prefer Stevan over Bony or Benteke? Or Draxler? I don't think he'll be at the Etihad next season.

Ballymagash Blue said:
fredmont said:

Always appears to be trying too hard, trying to pick passes that are just not on. Would anyone on here seriously prefer Stevan over Bony or Benteke? Or Draxler? I don't think he'll be at the Etihad next season.

I would.

Bluster said:
He is without doubt the most infuriating footballer I have seen at City.
Hi Edin!
bubl-wave.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.