Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

BlueAnorak said:
Proved today that he isn't good enough for where City want to go.

Not sure if its that he's not good enough, perhaps more not fitting in. Rather like Gervhino at Arsenal compared to Roma.

Davs 19 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
He's scored 5 goals in 10 PL games this season, which is a very good strike rate for someone who has only had a patchy run in the side.

On the other hand, it's coming up to the middle of January and he's only scored 5 goals. And 2 of them were in the first home game.

Up there with our other AM's.
The problem is that he's in the squad as a striker. Even if you see him as an attacking midfielder that means we have only 2 strikers, a situation which in itself is a joke and needs rectifying in the near future.

Useful player. Young and with some upside. But if 100% of the players at City are match fit is he going to start? For me, no way.

But as a squad player I think in this FFP era you can't carry a guy who is like as not going to be on the trainer's table rather than the bench. That would be my biggest issue with him. No point in having a squad player on large wages and taking up a slot if you could only count on his availability maybe half the time.

Still has some value, though. A lot of interest apparently from Italy. If he can be sold as part of upgrading the overall club then that should probably be the thing to do.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
Useful player. Young and with some upside. But if 100% of the players at City are match fit is he going to start? For me, no way.

But as a squad player I think in this FFP era you can't carry a guy who is like as not going to be on the trainer's table rather than the bench. That would be my biggest issue with him. No point in having a squad player on large wages and taking up a slot if you could only count on his availability maybe half the time.

Still has some value, though. A lot of interest apparently from Italy. If he can be sold as part of upgrading the overall club then that should probably be the thing to do.
There's always been a lot of interest from Italy but the problem is it's always loan bids that are floated. This serves no purpose for FFP or for rebuilding.

Davs 19 said:
On the other hand, it's coming up to the middle of January and he's only scored 5 goals. And 2 of them were in the first home game.

Up there with our other AM's.
The problem is that he's in the squad as a striker. Even if you see him as an attacking midfielder that means we have only 2 strikers, a situation which in itself is a joke and needs rectifying in the near future.

The point I and many others have been making since Alf left mate. Kun, Dzeko and an AM in Jovetic who we have to try and play as an out and out 9.

While Jovetics injury record is worrying but he was bought as an alternative to Isco and we're certainly a minimum of one striker light atm. Particularly given Kuns recent injury record.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Hes good but not the prolific striker that we need. Just can't see a future for him at City.

I disagree. It is not his scoring record that's the problem. It's the fact that he is incapable of keeping the ball or passing it to somebody wearing the same kit. He must lose the ball more than he retains it and that's not because he is making penetrative / low percentage passes. Silva loses possession more than Nasri because he takes risks with his passing and creates chances more often. Jovetic, however, somehow seems to combine holding on to the all for too long with wasteful flicks and tricks and little penetration with a poor ball retention.

He is without doubt the most infuriating footballer I have seen at City. He will never ever be good enough and leaves us with 2 strikers in the squad.

He was at fault for Wednesday scoring .
Trying a fancy flick .
I like the lad and ,think we have good player on the pitch when he plays .
I like him more than Balotelli and Adebayor .

Bluster said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Hes good but not the prolific striker that we need. Just can't see a future for him at City.

I disagree. It is not his scoring record that's the problem. It's the fact that he is incapable of keeping the ball or passing it to somebody wearing the same kit. He must lose the ball more than he retains it and that's not because he is making penetrative / low percentage passes. Silva loses possession more than Nasri because he takes risks with his passing and creates chances more often. Jovetic, however, somehow seems to combine holding on to the all for too long with wasteful flicks and tricks and little penetration with a poor ball retention.

He is without doubt the most infuriating footballer I have seen at City. He will never ever be good enough and leaves us with 2 strikers in the squad.

'kinell :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.