Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Gaudion M said:
mekonmcfc said:
Not good enough, runs around arms all over the place looking busy mainly because he's given the ball away and trying to win back. Has not contributed anything of significance to date. One flick for a goal which if it didnt come off would of looked a complete tool.

I really cant see any signs for improvement, sometimes players give you a glimpse of what they are capable of but not for me. Be happy to cash in and bring someone else in.

Second goal v's Roma springs to mind. He was key in the build up to that goal and had a good game that night.

his one completed pass of the season you mean, and it was nothing that any premier league player should be able to do

he has all the tools in the box to be top class but he is so erratic you don't know what's coming next, flick, trick etc

then scores a great goal ala sunderland

a frustrating player

Tries way too hard with tricks and flicks. if he would keep it simple he would be som much better and would lose the ball so less often

tonea2003 said:
he has all the tools in the box to be top class but he is so erratic you don't know what's coming next, flick, trick etc

then scores a great goal ala sunderland

a frustrating player

It seems to me that when he does get a chance, he is trying too hard. Like anyone else, he needs a series of starts to reach his full potential, but is he ever going to get that? It's only going to happen if one of the attacking midfielders (who are all performing well) has an injury/serious loss of form. That is the downside of the squad system.
I would say he has the necessary ability and application though.

He is a good player however, as they say he is "a bag of injuries"
If I'm pellegrini I would kept Alvaro Negredo and sold him even with Alvaro long term injury.
Keeping guidetti or getting someone in a loan could solve the problem of strikers shortage.

agueroooo Stupendous! said:
If I'm pellegrini I would kept Alvaro Negredo and sold him even with Alvaro long term injury.
Keeping guidetti or getting someone in a loan could solve the problem of strikers shortage.

The Guidetti myth raises its head again

mekonmcfc said:
agueroooo Stupendous! said:

The Guidetti myth raises its head again

Haha bang on...Guidetti is almost reaching Bojinov delirium

Clearly a quality player, but he needs to play as a striker at the moment. Obviously wants to be involved in play a lot, which is ok, but he needs to work his socks off to get in the box like Milner does or make runs in behind, Milner isn't a striker either after all. With all that said, I like him, minus the injuries.

mekonmcfc said:
Not good enough, runs around arms all over the place looking busy mainly because he's given the ball away and trying to win back. Has not contributed anything of significance to date. One flick for a goal which if it didnt come off would of looked a complete tool.

I really cant see any signs for improvement, sometimes players give you a glimpse of what they are capable of but not for me. Be happy to cash in and bring someone else in.
What about tearing Liverpool a new arsehole earlier in the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.