Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

neel said:
Rammy Blue said:
Hmmmmmm, not too sure about some of his comments there.
Like below-
Jovetic is yet to face United, although it is made clear he was available for last season’s encounters. “I was fit both games,” he says. “But I did not play. I don’t know why. Hopefully for this one I will.”
When I came back I played just one, two matches [before the next layoff], and it was like that all year.”
I am sure Pellegrini would have given the reason as why he was on bench, so I kind of find it strange players saying they dont know why manager did not pick them...Its simple that he had fitness issues, that why he didnt feature more
Pellegrini is favouring Dzeko above Jovetic which I find utterly perplexing. If Dzeko isn't scoring its rare he offers anything else. Whilst some posters on here dwell on Jovetic giving the ball away (and its not as often as you think) at least he does it trying to make something happen. Dzeko gives the ball away so many times just trying to make a simple pass. The movement of Jovetic is a joy to watch, and i'm sure his passing in the final third will improve with regular starts.

If I was Jovetic I would be wondering why I wasn't getting more opportunities.

If Dzeko starts ahead of Jovetic tomorrow, after two of his most inept performances I've seen in a long while, then I'll have lost all confidence in Pellegrini.

Mancini Manus Domini said:
neel said:
Rammy Blue said:
Hmmmmmm, not too sure about some of his comments there.
Like below-
Jovetic is yet to face United, although it is made clear he was available for last season’s encounters. “I was fit both games,” he says. “But I did not play. I don’t know why. Hopefully for this one I will.”
When I came back I played just one, two matches [before the next layoff], and it was like that all year.”
I am sure Pellegrini would have given the reason as why he was on bench, so I kind of find it strange players saying they dont know why manager did not pick them...Its simple that he had fitness issues, that why he didnt feature more
Pellegrini is favouring Dzeko above Jovetic which I find utterly perplexing. If Dzeko isn't scoring its rare he offers anything else. Whilst some posters on here dwell on Jovetic giving the ball away (and its not as often as you think) at least he does it trying to make something happen. Dzeko gives the ball away so many times just trying to make a simple pass. The movement of Jovetic is a joy to watch, and i'm sure his passing in the final third will improve with regular starts.

If Dzeko starts ahead of Jovetic tomorrow, after two of his most inept performances I've seen in a long while, then I'll have lost all confidence in Pellegrini.
+1. Jovetic needs to get a chance to shine, a run of games. not just 30 minutes from the bench.

I'm still struggling to see how Aguero and Jovetic are going to form an effective partnership. Those one twos that Jovetic likes to play on the edge of the box dont really seem suited to a player like Aguero.

cibaman said:
I'm still struggling to see how Aguero and Jovetic are going to form an effective partnership. Those one twos that Jovetic likes to play on the edge of the box dont really seem suited to a player like Aguero.
Why's that then?

GaudinoMotors said:
Have seen flashes of a decent player in him - just hoping he lives up to his potential and doesn't become our busy but unproductive Gelson Fernandes mk2.

It's hard to judge him because of his lack of continuity on the pitch. Based on what I have seen he would be on the bench for me against the scum. He gives the ball away far too often and I don't want them to hit us on the counter because of it.

Needs a decent run in the side; bit too keen to impress every time he plays at the moment, meaning he tends to overcomplicate things. Just needs to relax a bit more on the pitch.

If he gets a run, I think he'll be fantastic.

not good enough, I`d get the best price in the summer. To go into the season letting Negredo go , relying on Aguero staying fit and a hit or miss Dzeko was utter stupidity.

cass act this guy , just about fitting him into the team and keeping him fit

id like to see him play off the striker

cass act this guy , just about fitting him into the team and keeping him fit

id like to see him play off the striker

MeatHunterrr said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
neel said:
Like below-

+1. Jovetic needs to get a chance to shine, a run of games. not just 30 minutes from the bench.

Jovetic is an absolute gem of a player but I'd be surprised if he or Dzeko started tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.