Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Personally I don't think it's down to his quality, his omission, just that he can't be relied upon to be fit.

If it was me, in an ideal world, I'd have thought that we'd have been better having Sergio, Bony and Jovetic as the options, leaving Dzeko out. Problem being of course that if MP had gone with this theory and then Jovetic injured himself before the Barca game he'd have got pelters for the selection - loads of hindsight "what was he thinking" kind of nonsense. So all in all can't blame MP one iota for the decision, it was the logical move due to Jovetic being made of glass.

I can understand Jovetic comments but he will get game time in the Premier League. It is down to the player to show any buying club his capabilities.

Tim of the Oak said:
avoidconfusion said:
Shame he had to do this as this will also decrease his price even further. I won't miss him to be honest, looked good and capable occasionally but was either injured or underwhelming most of the time.

We are a million miles behind Chelsea in getting the top dollars for players we wish to move on. I am a big supporter of Pellers but he lacks the skills of Mourinho in terms of handling players who are in and out of the side. Chelsea's players aren't kicked into touch and hence they get far better selling prices. Our "English quota", who we have to offload for free? are one example of this.

We sold Johnson and Rodwell for top prices.

At least Pele can hope that Bony will deliver, that feeling was lost long time ago with Jovetic.

I understand he is pissed off but really what has he done to deserve that place? Nothing. All the buzz but no honey. Breaks zillion of attacks with his stupid passes, usually when he come at the end of the match when we need goals. He was just not up to the task during his City career, injured or average, sorry but won't shred any tear when he is gone.

chesterbells said:
quiet_riot said:
Yet another player we paid too much for, and will make a loss when we sell.

I'm not really expecting us to be making a profit when we sell players tbh, not generally anyway

I see what you're saying, but when a player's best years are still ahead of them, it'd be nice to bring in a decent sum. Chelsea seem to do it, however dodgy!

Rammy Blue said:
Personally I don't think it's down to his quality, his omission, just that he can't be relied upon to be fit.

If it was me, in an ideal world, I'd have thought that we'd have been better having Sergio, Bony and Jovetic as the options, leaving Dzeko out. Problem being of course that if MP had gone with this theory and then Jovetic injured himself before the Barca game he'd have got pelters for the selection - loads of hindsight "what was he thinking" kind of nonsense. So all in all can't blame MP one iota for the decision, it was the logical move due to Jovetic being made of glass.

That's not the case, Pellegrini obviously rates Dzeko much higher than Jovetic.

I can understand his frustration, I'd be the same. However he was the logical choice due to injuries and the formation we will play against Barca, provided Aguero is fit he starts. Is he better than Silva, Nasri or even Yaya in the number 10 position? he's never a wide man despite what people on here say. It would be a waste of a sub spot putting 3 strikers on the bench.

He's been a huge disappointment and just doesn't fit the City system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.