Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Pity Jovetic went crying to press. I understand him moaning about the descision as would any other squadplayer for that matter. Not Just being left out, but the fact that someone new who had no part in qualifying for knock out rounds took his place is hard to take.

I havent changed my view on the matter and would have left out Bony. He will need time to gell (has hardly started training with squad), going to City is already a big step up for him, and he has no CL experience. And he will need to prove yet he's worth what we paid for him.

Time will tell if it was the right decision. And all this because of these stupid fck "fair" play rules.

Now man up Jovetic and prove it was the wrong decision. Be a professional.

eversince 76 said:
Pity Jovetic went crying to press. I understand him moaning about the descision as would any other squadplayer for that matter. Not Just being left out, but the fact that someone new who had no part in qualifying for knock out rounds took his place is hard to take.

I havent changed my view on the matter and would have left out Bony. He will need time to gell (has hardly started training with squad), going to City is already a big step up for him, and he has no CL experience. And he will need to prove yet he's worth what we paid for him.

Time will tell if it was the right decision. And all this because of these stupid fck "fair" play rules.

The chances are that Jovetic will be injured by the time Barca comes around anyway
With Dzecko out of form, Aguero fragile shall we say and Jovetic out of form and fragile Bony is the only one we can say with any degree of certainly will be fit and firing for that game

Jovetic is just too unreliable

bitsmith said:
At least Pele can hope that Bony will deliver, that feeling was lost long time ago with Jovetic.

I understand he is pissed off but really what has he done to deserve that place? Nothing. All the buzz but no honey. Breaks zillion of attacks with his stupid passes, usually when he come at the end of the match when we need goals. He was just not up to the task during his City career, injured or average, sorry but won't shred any tear when he is gone.

set up final 2nd and 3rd goal against bayern. We'd be out without those!

raymondkl92 said:
bitsmith said:
At least Pele can hope that Bony will deliver, that feeling was lost long time ago with Jovetic.

I understand he is pissed off but really what has he done to deserve that place? Nothing. All the buzz but no honey. Breaks zillion of attacks with his stupid passes, usually when he come at the end of the match when we need goals. He was just not up to the task during his City career, injured or average, sorry but won't shred any tear when he is gone.

Yeah, doing what he is employed to do, but didn't do much else.

mosssideblue said:
dobobobo said:
mosssideblue said:
Those goals were not for City. I'm not dissing Bony or you, but to say he will repeat that scoring fete whilst having only played a few games with Yaya in the ACON is purely speculative at this moment.

I hope your prediction is true though

Yeah... which is why I used the words 'signs'.

City clearly believe he will deliver because we paid £28m instead of £20m when we had the chance.

Ditto our two new signings from Porto, and as it turned out, a lot of questions now being asked. Not having a pop, but there's no gurantees

I agree. Thing is, Jovetic has had ample opportunity now to show us that he is the great player he thinks he is, and simply hasn't done it. Time for someone else to have a go and hopefully Bony will do it for us.

dobobobo said:
raymondkl92 said:
bitsmith said:

Set up Zabba for the 2nd against Roma. Could be a player that shines in Euro games perhaps?

dobobobo said:
raymondkl92 said:
bitsmith said:

out of curiosity what much else did you expect him to do?stop their two goals?

cookster said:
J_Bow said:
You can hardly blame Jovetic for moaning about his predicament, he's played a part in the UCL this season.. was pretty influential in two of our goals against Bayern. Though he's still yet to be reliable enough to be fit and sharp for a game, let alone perform on the pitch to the same or higher standard than a Silva, Aguero, Nasri etc.

Pellegrini made the right choice, would have been risky to take out any other position because our depth would suffer whereas striker we're set with Wilf added to it.

No problem with the moaning. Just don't go crying to the press.

Agree, I don't think Pellegrini, Txiki etc will like that one bit. I can see him leaving in the summer, he just doesn't fit well in our squad and his constant unreliability isn't ideal.

I'd be happy if we fetched £20m for him.

Blue Hefner said:
eversince 76 said:

The chances are that Jovetic will be injured by the time Barca comes around anyway
With Dzecko out of form, Aguero fragile shall we say and Jovetic out of form and fragile Bony is the only one we can say with any degree of certainly will be fit and firing for that game

Jovetic is just too unreliable

No certainty whatsoever mate. And with Barca 9 days away with just one PLgame in between the odds are that all of Joveric, Dzeko and Aguero are fit. A certainty.

eversince 76 said:

You could say the same thing about Jovetic, could you not?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.