Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Tim of the Oak said:
FantasyIreland said:
Tim of the Oak said:
pretty ordinary man management from Pellers!

So what did he do wrong then?

Ditching an injury prone striker who hardly scores goals from the Champs League squad in favour of one of the best goal scorers in the Prem League!

Fixed it for you.

Correct decision by Pellegrini without doubt.

Jovetic has produced the goods very rarely and, yes, he has had loads of injuries. I have been wishing for a long time now that he would really show us all what a great player he is.....but he has not done so.....hopefully there is still time but I now think he will be off in the summer. He seems a great guy and has got great potential but he gives the ball away far too much for a top class player. With Dzeko...he has already proven that he can come up with crucial goals when we need it (last season's run-in) so he most probably deserves the CL spot.......but only just.

what a baby!

these balkan boys are really upset easily

he hasn't been vital to City at all (OK maybe v Bayern he did earn two assists but apart from that very little contribution) , instead of mouthing off he should be concentrating on proving himself. the best players always do this, whenever they are faced with adversary they raise their game.

and to top off that, he knows that its for a probable two games that he would probably have not played a part in at all.

IMO this is a tactic to reduce his price so he gets higher wages when he moves in the summer.

poor poor signing and he was the one I was most excited about among our 2013 signings. the gap b/w our 1st choice and 2nd choice targets is too much

mosssideblue said:
dobobobo said:
mosssideblue said:
Which are?

Highest goal scorer in 2014:

Wilfried Bony - 18

Sergio Aguero - 16

Edin Dzeko - 14

Yaya Toure - 14

Daniel Sturridge - 13

Wayne Rooney - 13

Those goals were not for City. I'm not dissing Bony or you, but to say he will repeat that scoring fete whilst having only played a few games with Yaya in the ACON is purely speculative at this moment.

I hope your prediction is true though

Yeah... which is why I used the words 'signs'.

City clearly believe he will deliver because we paid £28m instead of £20m when we had the chance.

RandomJ said:
Tim of the Oak said:
FantasyIreland said:
So what did he do wrong then?

Ditching an injury prone striker who hardly scores goals from the Champs League squad in favour of one of the best goal scorers in the Prem League!

Fixed it for you.

Haha. It's the balance of the squad and lack of homegrown players and FFP that made Pellers decision tougher than it needed to be. I would have stuck with Stevan but he shouldn't have gone mouthing to the press!

You can hardly blame Jovetic for moaning about his predicament, he's played a part in the UCL this season.. was pretty influential in two of our goals against Bayern. Though he's still yet to be reliable enough to be fit and sharp for a game, let alone perform on the pitch to the same or higher standard than a Silva, Aguero, Nasri etc.

Pellegrini made the right choice, would have been risky to take out any other position because our depth would suffer whereas striker we're set with Wilf added to it.

J_Bow said:
You can hardly blame Jovetic for moaning about his predicament, he's played a part in the UCL this season.. was pretty influential in two of our goals against Bayern. Though he's still yet to be reliable enough to be fit and sharp for a game, let alone perform on the pitch to the same or higher standard than a Silva, Aguero, Nasri etc.

Pellegrini made the right choice, would have been risky to take out any other position because our depth would suffer whereas striker we're set with Wilf added to it.

No problem with the moaning. Just don't go crying to the press.

dobobobo said:
mosssideblue said:
dobobobo said:
Highest goal scorer in 2014:

Wilfried Bony - 18

Sergio Aguero - 16

Edin Dzeko - 14

Yaya Toure - 14

Daniel Sturridge - 13

Wayne Rooney - 13

Those goals were not for City. I'm not dissing Bony or you, but to say he will repeat that scoring fete whilst having only played a few games with Yaya in the ACON is purely speculative at this moment.

I hope your prediction is true though

Yeah... which is why I used the words 'signs'.

City clearly believe he will deliver because we paid £28m instead of £20m when we had the chance.

Ditto our two new signings from Porto, and as it turned out, a lot of questions now being asked. Not having a pop, but there's no gurantees

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.