Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

cibaman said:
Davs 19 said:
dobobobo said:
True, but neither did Jovetic back up why he thinks he is great. Furthermore I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why he thinks Siere A is "the most difficult league in the world". Link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sjovetic.com/career/my-story/the-beginning-the-earliest-successes-and-the-national-team/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sjovetic.com/career/my-story ... onal-team/</a>

He didn't say he thought he was a great player.

He said he had been told by people at the club that he was a great player.

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

FWIW, I think he's a very talented lad but accept that for a variety of reasons, its not worked out for him here.

When Brian Kidd was at Leeds, O'Leary had a bit of a moan about how he told all the players they were superstars. O'Leary then had to explain to the ones that werent selected that they werent quite that good.

I expect in most clubs there will be a "good cop" whose job includes bigging up the players

I'm sure that you're on the money mate, just pointing out the misquoting of Jovetic from the poster I responded to ;.)

mosssideblue said:
Reworded for accuracy

Down periscope
And Jovetic, the guy running to the papers instead of the manager's door, doesn't have 'mood swings'?

Also, does that mean Edin isn't a good player?

I'd rather have a consistent goal scorer than a consistent physio room returnee but that's just me and my opinion that goals win games.

You'd have been best writing "Reworded to suit my own misguided opinion"

It is looks clear that his days are numbered here so I guess he'll be making that clear to any interested parties by his comments. This whole episode has likely reduced what we will be able to get for him as a transfer fee.

I don't understand why some people are making such a big deal about this. The guys injury record alone means he doesn't warrant a valuable foreign squad place. If he picked him over someone else and he broke down again you'd all be frothing at the mouth about picking him. His days here are numbered and have been for a while now. He's talented make no mistake but he's not the first talented player who struggled in this league and he won't be the last. Cash in, wish him well back in Italy and use the money to strengthen the squad.

pudge said:
mosssideblue said:
Reworded for accuracy

Down periscope
And Jovetic, the guy running to the papers instead of the manager's door, doesn't have 'mood swings'?

I'd rather have a consistent goal scorer than a consistent physio room returnee but that's just me and my opinion that goals win games.

Agree with you that he shouldn't have gone grying to the press, and maybe that was a kneejerk decision that he now regrets. To be honest Edin has not performed anywhere near his best this season and I see no evidence to suggest he will be able to turn it on like a switch.

IMO Jojo is technically more gifted as a player and has a much better attitude (on the pitch) that Edin ever will. Given a run of games, I think you might see a different Jokevic.

mosssideblue said:
pudge said:
mosssideblue said:
Reworded for accuracy

Down periscope

Agree with you that he shouldn't have gone grying to the press, and maybe that was a kneejerk decision that he now regrets. To be honest Edin has not performed anywhere near his best this season and I see no evidence to suggest he will be able to turn it on like a switch.

IMO Jojo is technically more gifted as a player and has a much better attitude (on the pitch) that Edin ever will. Given a run of games, I think you might see a different Jokevic.
I don't think either will be here next season but if I had to pick one to stay it would be Dzeko, hands down.

Genuinely can't see the argument to say otherwise.

Davs 19 said:
dobobobo said:
mosssideblue said:
Being honest is good and stimulates debate.

If calling someone shite is being honest then at least we know where the intelligence bar is set

True, but neither did Jovetic back up why he thinks he is great. Furthermore I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why he thinks Siere A is "the most difficult league in the world". Link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sjovetic.com/career/my-story/the-beginning-the-earliest-successes-and-the-national-team/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sjovetic.com/career/my-story ... onal-team/</a>

FWIW, I think he's a very talented lad but accept that for a variety of reasons, its not worked out for him here.

I know, but only a player who thinks he is great, says a line like that.

Come back at me all you want, but Jovetic is one of those players that loves themselves.

Davs 19 said:
cibaman said:
Davs 19 said:

When Brian Kidd was at Leeds, O'Leary had a bit of a moan about how he told all the players they were superstars. O'Leary then had to explain to the ones that werent selected that they werent quite that good.

I expect in most clubs there will be a "good cop" whose job includes bigging up the players

I'm sure that you're on the money mate, just pointing out the misquoting of Jovetic from the poster I responded to ;.)

I didn't quote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.