Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if say with 6 games to go and we are right in the mix for the title, kompany gets a slight hamstring/groin twinge thats still playable but runs the risk of missing the euros, reckon he would play on regardless or rest up??

Not on recent evidence, no.

What you usually see though is players 'easing off' toward the summer break...ie giving 70% performances when there is a summer comp

The team needs a captain who puts his club 100% before anything and everything, 2 years ago that man was Vincent Kompany, today I feel the same man talks the talks but no longer walks the walk.

As people have previously said, he will be fresh, fit and healthy for the euro's, that's his priority.

A club like ours can no longer carry passengers, that's for the memories Vincent but it's time to say goodbye.
Luckily the club aren't as short sighted as some of our fans.

I love how you all think it's only Kompany that cares about playing for his country. Let me clue you in. The majority of our players would prefer winning the world cup for their country than win the league with City. Just cos you hate international football doesn't mean the players do too.

I love how you all think it's only Kompany that cares about playing for his country. Let me clue you in. The majority of our players would prefer winning the world cup for their country than win the league with City. Just cos you hate international football doesn't mean the players do too.
It's a stick that some are using to beat him with because of their frustration with his injury - and it fucking stinks. They have no clue how Vinny thinks and yet it's decided by one or two that he doesn't give a fuck about City or the fans. Evidence over the last 6 years tells me otherwise.

I don't have any of the concerns others do about Kompany. It's a simple story of a man who wants to play football regardless of the opposition. He shouldn't have played that game for Belgium, it was pointless. But he loves his country and wanted to play so he chose to, no one forced him to. Should he have looked at the bigger picture? Yes. But he didn't. The same happened with Aguero's rushed return for Argentina. Most players love playing for their country. Players like Aguero and Kompany have had success for club sides but want it at International level. If you ask most players what they want to win, it's the CL and World Cup. The big two.

I don't believe Kompany has lost any commitment to City. The club are always quiet about injuries. Perhaps it's because they don't know the full extent of his injury. It's usually a generic "he's not in the squad" by Pellegrini until a week before when he says "he's training this week and hopefully in the squad for the next game".
His passion to play for City will still be there without a doubt. If City haven't got a chance of winning anything then he'll have his eye set firmly on the Euro's but if we do he'll fight with everything he has to win the league/cup we're in a position to fight for.

I don't know why we are having this discussion

Silva got injured playing for Spain. Kompany got injured playing for City at Villa.

He's City's captain. We wouldn't have beaten Utd to the title in that first season if it wasn't for Kompany. He was monumental, and some clearly haven't forgiven him for that.

Been waiting for a month for Kompany to be back because he's that important to us. Absolutely crucial that we ease him back in gradually.

We've now got Silva, Aguero and Kompany back. Zabaleta due in training today I think? Just in time

if say with 6 games to go and we are right in the mix for the title, kompany gets a slight hamstring/groin twinge thats still playable but runs the risk of missing the euros, reckon he would play on regardless or rest up??

No and in kompanys mind he has won everything at city apart from champs league and his priority now I believe is win the euros with Belgium.

No and in kompanys mind he has won everything at city apart from champs league and his priority now I believe is win the euros with Belgium.
On what basis have you reached the conclusion his priorities lie with Belguim? Wanting to play for his country doesn't quite cut it for me.

On what basis have you reached the conclusion his priorities lie with Belguim? Wanting to play for his country doesn't quite cut it for me.

My opinion if you try and get into a players mind get in Kompany's won everything at city when will he have a chance to win euros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.