Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only available 50% of the time over the last 3 seasons? I haven't forgotten his utterly dreadful form and reckless behavior on the field during that time, but leaving that aside because it makes life easier and me a bigger blue, of that 50% how much is he actually operating at maximum? So over three seasons what exactly are we getting? We can't even predict when he will be available for his less than 50% availability.

Sell him.

After the Euros he may have to make a decision about his international career.

If he has to manage his appearances for the club who pays his wages, he can't keep up with both.

Why is everyone slagging. shawcross off? He is a good solid defender and massively underrated.
I would have him here in a heartbeat.

I like him for us in the context of needing someone who can come in now, hit the premiership ground running and isn't Euro tied. I'm assuming Stones isn't available and DMC can be moved on. He might not be the greatest in the world but he's a much better option than DMC. I'd also prefer a squad rotation CB not to take up a foreign slot in the two squads.

And he wasn't that shabby against us either.

But who knows I guess. Going with DMC and gambling on Kompany coming back before we get hit by injuries and suspensions might not be as costly as I fear.

He must be in the downward spiral of having the same people saying the same thing about his calf leaving him to doubt himself. I'd imagine it's getting pretty depressing for him and in his head all the time that he's waiting to feel the twinge from his calf.

If pep does come in the summer I hope he brings new medical staff with him as it may help vinny having someone new saying something to him rather than who we have now.
Agree with that but to leave the club to sort his head out?

Jose Fonte, anyone?

I rate him so I wouldn't be overly disappointed.

Fonte and Shawcross still seem fairly underwhelming compared to Vinnie. You simply don't replace one of if not the best CB in Europe that easily. I haven't given up on the big fella just yet.

It was a poor pass by Mangala that made Kompany stretch for it.

That was my thought too but poor control from Vinny. He probably would've gotten through the rest of the game and then realized he wasn't quite ready and worked on his calf rehab a little more coming back fitter and stronger. Its awful what happened but I still have faith in Vinny to make a full recovery, he's so inspirational to everyone at the club. It was touching how some of the players consoled him as he came off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.