Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He slipped and jarred his leg. If he didn't slip he plays to the end. He's come out and said it's a little injury and not a biggie. It happens. Vinnie has obviously been crossing black cats and walking under ladders. Just a minor setback and he'll be like a new signing for us come the second half of the season. People saying he's finished are fuckin hysterical.

His reaction on the pitch, his emotional Facebook post, the managers declaration that it is the same injury all points to something more serious.

I hope you're right because he's a legend and will always have a place in the heart of city fans. However I think we need to be realistic and id be disappointed come the start of next season if we don't have someone of his ilk lining up next to Otamendi in defence.

I'm certainly not saying get rid of him but we definitely need to find a partnership that works without him. We don't seem to be able to get a decent partnership between the other 3 CBs. Maybe try Sagna with one of Otemendi/Mangala, or a short term loan until Denayer gets back and Guardiola arrives.

Vinny's minutes played up to 1st January since he joined the club.

iehw20.jpg

Interesting, thanks for that. It tells a clear story.

A common observation is that VK defends 'on the front foot': aggressive, moving towards the ball and forcing the issue. Apparently playing like this makes you more susceptible to injury.

Bear in mind this is the only time I'd compare him with Phil Jones, but Jones prefers to play a similar way and I've heard this used as an explanation for why he is often injured.

Maybe VK needs to change his way of playing a bit to reduce the pressure on his body.

Still the best defender in the league and of his PL generation. We're lucky to have him, just a case of looking after him. Same for Sergio. If we could keep Bellamy available under Mancini we can figure this one out.

I'm certainly not saying get rid of him but we definitely need to find a partnership that works without him. We don't seem to be able to get a decent partnership between the other 3 CBs. Maybe try Sagna with one of Otemendi/Mangala, or a short term loan until Denayer gets back and Guardiola arrives.

I think the best bet is for Mangala and Otamendi to sort it out.

Spanish and French speakers, one just arrived and one only in England 18 months. I expect communication is the issue.

Mangala particularly needs an arm round his shoulder and permission to use 'common sense' instead of suicidal defending like in the arsenal game.

I think the best bet is for Mangala and Otamendi to sort it out.

Spanish and French speakers, one just arrived and one only in England 18 months. I expect communication is the issue.

Mangala particularly needs an arm round his shoulder and permission to use 'common sense' instead of suicidal defending like in the arsenal game.

Not sure if they can to be honest. Both seem decent enough players alongside Kompany but not together. Both chase the ball too much leaving big gaps between/behind them, especially as our full backs are often a long way forward. Not sure if it's the way they naturally play or if they are being instructed to play that way. I haven't seen much so far to suggest they can form a solid partnership.

It really is a shame that such an influential player has this many injuries.You could see when he came on his organising of the players around him.We need more of our senior players to step up when Vincent isn't available.

Why is everyone slagging. shawcross off? He is a good solid defender and massively underrated.
I would have him here in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.