Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only alternative is to carry on with the current pairing. If that's the case I don't think we will win the title. We may even struggle to make the next round of the CL. Kompany probably won't be back anytime soon.

I recon the only alternative is to score goals at the other end & hope the cbs get their shit together enough to see it through mate. It was a similar situation last time we won it. Our defending at cb was absolutely pathetic but then suddenly they got some understanding & it wasn't that bad.

I would say tighten up as a team for the 'bigger' games to make up for it but I don't think Pellegrini actually can from one day to the next. It just goes back to pieces if he tries tactics. Therefore he might as well just do what he knows.

If we sign a cb now & he steps in & fixes that lot, well it's not very likely he will fix it imo, whoever he is. Just as likely the present ones will do it, as a new bloke.

If anyone is available, we could do worse than hire in a top class interim defensive coach for the remainder of the season. Why is a club with our resources so woefully short in this department? I really can't see more chopping and changing of defensive personnel being the answer.

This is it. We don't just need a CB. We need someone who gets on the pitch and as well as being the CB, knows how to and actually does get the other fuckers defending cohesively as a unit whilst ensuring the mids do their bit too. Someone who gives a shit about defending effectively.

For your scummy rag Shawcross - I'll raise you the Racist Chav!

Given VK's previous injury record, i'd say that his absence this year is entirely predictable. That said, it is probably the reason why we bought Otamendi. What I truly fail to understand is why we would put Denayer - a young, athletic, highly rated defender - out on loan and keep Demichelis. I appreciate that Demichelis has done a great job for us, but his age is massively against him and his legs have clearly gone. Maybe it wasn't apparent on the training pitch (although I doubt that) - more like another example of Pellegrini sticking by his favourites who he has managed previously, a la Navas and Caballero. Bad management in my view and another one of the reasons why Pellegrini's time is up, whatever the outcome this season.

Disagree. Sending Denayer on loan gives him loads of game time in a tough league, champions league experience and allows him to develop more than he would on our bench. The plan in August wouldn't have been to play Jason ahead of VK, Otamendi or Mangala so it made perfect sense to send him on loan. To use that as a reason to slate Pellegrini is wrong & to say whatever the outcome is premature as we could have our most successful season ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.