Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hoping it was a minor setback. Worried though that 6 weeks rest wasn't enough & an operation will be needed. Talk of needing to replace him is a bit far of the mark. He's only 29. Get well soon Vinnie.

Hope he gets well soon too. Belgian media also speculating wether he will make the national team for the EC, would be a hughe miss for Belgium too.

We really have to just outscore people and hope by the end of the season that this is enough.

Hope he gets well soon too. Belgian media also speculating wether he will make the national team for the EC, would be a hughe miss for Belgium too.
Without wishing to sound like a complete twat (but I'm going to anyway!), I'm not overly bothered about him not playing for Belgium. I'm not bothered about any international sides, really. I just want him back at 100% for us. Nothing personal FD; as I said, I'm not bothered about international football.

Without wishing to sound like a complete twat (but I'm going to anyway!), I'm not overly bothered about him not playing for Belgium. I'm not bothered about any international sides, really. I just want him back at 100% for us. Nothing personal FD; as I said, I'm not bothered about international football.

No offense taken at all. Just note that i didn't want to come over as only caring for the Belgian team, i hope he gets well soon for City and Belgium, i'm a city fan but understandably also a Belgium fan, eitherway Kompany will only make it for the Belgium squad if he can get fit and play matches for city.

If ever there was a time we need to get behind Vinny it's now. He must be gutted - Also I think we need to stop buying into the media scrum that we cannot defend without him. Remember when MDM first signed they went on and on about how crap he was and how we'd never win with him but after 10 or so games he turned out to be the best £3million we spent. Sure he's now on his last hurrah but for two years he was excellent. Too easy to start believing stuff when someone says it all the time, especially when those who say it don't have a clue about our club. Get back when you can Vinny we can wait.

If ever there was a time we need to get behind Vinny it's now. He must be gutted - Also I think we need to stop buying into the media scrum that we cannot defend without him. Remember when MDM first signed they went on and on about how crap he was and how we'd never win with him but after 10 or so games he turned out to be the best £3million we spent. Sure he's now on his last hurrah but for two years he was excellent. Too easy to start believing stuff when someone says it all the time, especially when those who say it don't have a clue about our club. Get back when you can Vinny we can wait.

Spot on mate. If something gets repeated often enough....

Unless we get Kompany back for the 2nd half if the season, the current centre half pairing won't win us the title, never mind get us as far as possible in the CL.

Any centre half purchase in January won't be cheap, if we can get somebody decent, but we will make that money back by winning the title and getting through to the last 8 or last 4 of the CL, and having 2 good runs in the domestic cups.

God forbid if Otamendi got injured over the coming weeks. A pairing of Demichelis and Mangala would be a disaster waiting to happen.

City should spend again and go for another centre half. Hopefully they will get it right this time. I appreciate there's no guarantee's.

Have you forgotten last seasons runin. hardly a disaster.

Really hoping it was a minor setback. Worried though that 6 weeks rest wasn't enough & an operation will be needed. Talk of needing to replace him is a bit far of the mark. He's only 29. Get well soon Vinnie.
Problem is that such an operation is a very tricky procedure with a variable success rate and worryingly such injuries can be career ending. VK is at this stage at a crossroads and lets all hope things turn out for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.