Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is available, we could do worse than hire in a top class interim defensive coach for the remainder of the season. Why is a club with our resources so woefully short in this department?

I really can't see more chopping and changing of defensive personnel being the answer.

That's what I'm trying to say he made his name in a 3 at porto and was good at what he was asked to do! We should sometimes play this system with him in it! Would stop the center backs being exposed to players running on to them as he would be there to stop them!
To fully utilize him we'd have to play delph,fernandinho and him which pellergrini would never do and righly so if he cant adapt to the way we play he really shouldnt be at here

Unless we get Kompany back for the 2nd half if the season, the current centre half pairing won't win us the title, never mind get us as far as possible in the CL.

Any centre half purchase in January won't be cheap, if we can get somebody decent, but we will make that money back by winning the title and getting through to the last 8 or last 4 of the CL, and having 2 good runs in the domestic cups.

God forbid if Otamendi got injured over the coming weeks. A pairing of Demichelis and Mangala would be a disaster waiting to happen.

City should spend again and go for another centre half. Hopefully they will get it right this time. I appreciate there's no guarantee's.

We have two fit centre backs and one inadequate backup who has gone on a season too long. We seem to need a back up centre half that won't take weeks or months to adapt. It's all very well sneering at suggestions like Shawcross but world class defenders aren't available in January. The thought that we are one suspension or injury away from having Demi as a first pick doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'd prefer to get an experienced premier defender in who can do a job straight away if he has to. A loan would do. Someone in early thirties happy to take one last good payday and not worry about being a backup even.

someone like Joleon Lescott maybe ?

Unless we get Kompany back for the 2nd half if the season, the current centre half pairing won't win us the title, never mind get us as far as possible in the CL.

No any centre half purchase in January won't be cheap, if we can get somebody decent, but we will make that money back by winning the title and getting through to the last 8 or last 4 of the CL, and 2 good runs in the domestic cups.

God forbid if Otamendi got injured over the coming weeks. A pairing of Demichelis and Mangala would be a disaster waiting to happen.

City should break the spend again and go for another centre half. Hopefully they will get it right this time. I appreciates there's no guarantee's.

That's the problem. 'New' central defenders don't normally excel & for a cb playing under Pellegrini, who is suddenly going to find all manner of people running at him & his partner(s) all over the place, it will be very very difficult to find anyone now, who can step in & improve it.

I doubt Kompany could if he was signing next week.

I don't think there's much point in panic buying a centre half in january. Especially with Denayer out on loan. I suspect we will go with what he have in that department until the summer, then make a more balanced and long term decision on Vinny's future and our own squad balance at that point.

That's the problem. 'New' central defenders don't normally excel & for a cb playing under Pellegrini, who is suddenly going to find all manner of people running at him & his partner(s) all over the place, it will be very very difficult to find anyone now, who can step in & improve it.

I doubt Kompany could if he was signing next week.

The only alternative is to carry on with the current pairing. If that's the case I don't think we will win the title. We may even struggle to make the next round of the CL. Kompany probably won't be back anytime soon.

Maybe if we improved our fullbacks it might take some of the strain off those in the centre.

100% this. More precisely, we need a much better defensive left back than we currently have. Mangala has his faults, but the number of times he's left hung out to dry by Kolarov's poor positioning and laziness is just not funny anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.