Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
franksinatra said:
ColinLee said:
Is this the same manager that people have been slaughtering all season for playing 4-4-2? Only on BlueMoon...

I agree with your point Colin. We have been playing 4-4-2 and that does seem to be Pellers preferred default position. However of late we have reverted back to a 4-2-3-1 placing a question mark on how Bony will fit into the team.

Of more interest to myself is if we do decide not to continue with Pellers there is a good chance the next manager may favour a 4-2-3-1 formation. Leaving us with Dzeko, Jovetic, Bony all as back up to Aguero. You can sense the last minute fire sale in August leaving us with transfer fees for players at a fraction of their value.

General consensus on here Frank appears to suggest Dzeko & Jojo are already in the shop window, although I would want us to keep Jojo.

I would probably agree with that but not sure how many teams will have the money to offer us a decent return. More likely a couple of Italian clubs will come round at the end of August offering little money or loans with no guarantee to buy.

Jojo ironically would give us a bit of flexibility as he can play on the right though we never utilise this,

franksinatra said:
mosssideblue said:
franksinatra said:
I agree with your point Colin. We have been playing 4-4-2 and that does seem to be Pellers preferred default position. However of late we have reverted back to a 4-2-3-1 placing a question mark on how Bony will fit into the team.

Of more interest to myself is if we do decide not to continue with Pellers there is a good chance the next manager may favour a 4-2-3-1 formation. Leaving us with Dzeko, Jovetic, Bony all as back up to Aguero. You can sense the last minute fire sale in August leaving us with transfer fees for players at a fraction of their value.

General consensus on here Frank appears to suggest Dzeko & Jojo are already in the shop window, although I would want us to keep Jojo.

I would probably agree with that but not sure how many teams will have the money to offer us a decent return. More likely a couple of Italian clubs will come round at the end of August offering little money or loans with no guarantee to buy.

Jojo ironically would give us a bit of flexibility as he can play on the right though we never utilise this,

Jojo needs to work for his place in the team. He is a gifted player but rarely shows it for us. Some flashes of brilliance now and again but with injuries and now being over looked it isnt looking good for him. He is the type of player we should keep at the club if he could stay injury free but I just cant see that and he will be sold on. I would give him 1 more season at the club but can see why he will more than likely be sold on.

spanishblue said:
The guy scored shed loads for Swansea with less service than he SHOULD get with us
Not sure our slow build up play will be any more useful to him than it was for Dzeko.

Another fine cameo,his power offers us a completely different dimension to our play and hopefully a system can be found where he and Sergio can forge a fantastic partnership.

FantasyIreland said:
Another fine cameo,his power offers us a completely different dimension to our play and hopefully a system can be found where he and Sergio can forge a fantastic partnership.

I know QPR were wank but Wilf's cameo was top notch today.

Bony is the kind of player who needs speedy midfielders pouring past him into the box; incredibly strong at retaining possession and effective flicks.

I'm sure Wilf will turn out to be a very good buy for us. He looks very capable. Let's judge him on next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.