Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RandomJ said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Don't think Bony is bad player I just dont see how hes ever going to hold down a regular starting spot in the team as we look so much better with one striker. Still find it really bizarre as to why the club decided to spend 27 million on yet another striker in January when we severely lacked a quality winger and midfielder.

Aguero isn't going to be able to play every game next season especially with his injury record. Bony will get plenty of games.
Worked with Negredo and Aguero.

Replace Lampard with a high energy midfielder alongside the 2 Ferns and we could do it again

RandomJ said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Don't think Bony is bad player I just dont see how hes ever going to hold down a regular starting spot in the team as we look so much better with one striker. Still find it really bizarre as to why the club decided to spend 27 million on yet another striker in January when we severely lacked a quality winger and midfielder.

Aguero isn't going to be able to play every game next season especially with his injury record. Bony will get plenty of games.

Yes but not enough run of games that he'll need to get some form going. Unless we go back to 442 I can't see him being happy playing the super sub role.

Bony will be fine. One thing I have a hunch about with this guy - he may not always put the ball in the back of the net but he will always put in a shift. Like today - could've gotten frustrated with a couple of missed opportunities but he didn't. He kept fighting and created two great chances for his teammates.

He's the type of player that won't have to score 25 goals, even as a striker, to be a huge asset. He provides a workrate that I think at times has been missing from this team at different points during the season.

Played very well ,cant be easy just coming on as sub he needs a good run of games .he held the line well did some great lay offs unlucky not to score great back heal .he is a great player & am glad we have him

With the South American boys having 30 days rest after the Copa America final on 4/7,they don`t come back until 4 or 5 days before the first PL game.Bony will start the season fresh and fully assimilated and given his encouraging cameos in the last couple of games,I for one can`t wait.Swansea may also be fearing the return of their former striker on Sunday .

another good cameo, unlucky with hitting the post as well. Cant help but feel he would have had a brace if he had started. stupid 6-0, not good enough!

The lads a footballer. Get some more pace and energy in central midfield and play him with Sergio and we've a shot at winning the Champions League next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.