Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
proy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
proy said:
Him and aguero will link up a treat next season. He brings everything to the table that Dzeko couldn't and is the partner aguero has been screaming for. Aguero drops deeper as a general principle so I think we can afford to play with both of them assuming we go and buy better mobility for the midfield. That means Yaya goes but we need to move on and Pogba is the answer.

That's my take on it too. Yaya for Pogba and Sterling for Nasri, and we can definitely play two up front again for many games.

I agree I'd take Sterling, but not at the rumoured £40 million. 25/30 max.

I reckon Yaya is gone. I'd go balls out now for Pogba. He is the big player we need. With Lampard and Milner going I can see us hanging onto Nasri. Maybe go in for De Brunye as well.

I think the middle of the park has cost us big this year. It has left the back four exposed far too often, even playing in a 4-5-1 we haven't had the legs. Partially forced this, but it looks like that's the part of the team that will be overhauled and that is a sensible decision.

Bony is a quality striker, it will be like a new signing when we go again next season.

I agree, 60 million at least.

I've felt he should have been starting more games to try and build confidence for next season but I'll be honest I thought he was fucking atrocious today when he came on.

The odd good touch and he's clearly very strong and able to hold a high ball but for every good touch there was a bad one, a misplaced pass or whatever the hell that was in the box when it just bounced off him and out of play. As someone has said, if Dzeko did some of those things he'd be getting all sorts of abuse.

I think he'll do well next season if he gets off to a good start. If not I fear the pressure could be too great for him. The media will get after him.

80s Shorts said:
proy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's my take on it too. Yaya for Pogba and Sterling for Nasri, and we can definitely play two up front again for many games.

I reckon Yaya is gone. I'd go balls out now for Pogba. He is the big player we need. With Lampard and Milner going I can see us hanging onto Nasri. Maybe go in for De Brunye as well.

I think the middle of the park has cost us big this year. It has left the back four exposed far too often, even playing in a 4-5-1 we haven't had the legs. Partially forced this, but it looks like that's the part of the team that will be overhauled and that is a sensible decision.

Bony is a quality striker, it will be like a new signing when we go again next season.

How was the fishing trip?

80s Shorts said:
proy said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It's funny how as fans we say things like " I would like so & so, but not for that price" I found myself saying the same thing about another player today. Really, does it affect us, as fans, how much we pay for players. If the club can afford it, then it shouldn't really matter what we pay for players, as long as we get the right ones in. Just need to trust the peope behind the scenes to do their thing.

proy said:
80s Shorts said:
proy said:

How was the fishing trip?
Caught one ugly red bottom feeder.

Juan King said:
80s Shorts said:
proy said:

It's funny how as fans we say things like " I would like so & so, but not for that price" I found myself saying the same thing about another player today. Really, does it affect us, as fans, how much we pay for players. If the club can afford it, then it shouldn't really matter what we pay for players, as long as we get the right ones in. Just need to trust the peope behind the scenes to do their thing.

In the age of FFP yes it absolutely does matter - overspending on 1 player means less money available to fund moves for other players and to offer improved contracts to high performers.

Pre-FFP it was less important if you were being bankrolled.

blueheart84 said:
Juan King said:
80s Shorts said:

In the age of FFP yes it absolutely does matter - overspending on 1 player means less money available to fund moves for other players and to offer improved contracts to high performers.

Pre-FFP it was less important if you were being bankrolled.

See above. I'm sure the people behind the scenes can work that out.

He'll shine next season imo.

With a whole pre season ahead, this should give him time to gel with the squad more as we could hardly expect him to make a massive impact coming back in feb and only having a few months mainly coming on as a sub.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets more starts next season or not, with us probably looking to keep the 4/5/1 system in place next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.