Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely sure he'll be great next season, he's just what we need. I believe Pellegrini will go back to 4-4-2, because now the system can work if we get a midfielder next to Fernandinho who's actually willing to defend as well as attacking.

andersmcfcdk said:
I'm absolutely sure he'll be great next season, he's just what we need. I believe Pellegrini will go back to 4-4-2, because now the system can work if we get a midfielder next to Fernandinho who's actually willing to defend as well as attacking.

Yep - confidence is clearly growing. Should bode well for next season.

Neville Kneville said:
Some fantastic touches. Radar off with a couple of passes but on the whole quite brilliant hold up play & a lovely touch to set up Aguero for what should have been his 4th goal.

Not really seen another player who can hold the ball like that, Hughes perhaps. He's as strong as an ox but with an absolutely sublime first touch. Midfield runners would really benefit from the way he plays. Lacks pace but great in the air, shot like cannonball. When we learn to feed him with crosses, he will cause hell. Defenders can't concentrate on Aguero if he is around.

Yes, he's surprised me with the quality of his link-up play in that position just behind Kun, we looked much better going forward after he came on, some excellent combinations with Kun and Silva.

Neville Kneville said:
Some fantastic touches. Radar off with a couple of passes but on the whole quite brilliant hold up play & a lovely touch to set up Aguero for what should have been his 4th goal.

/quote]

I think he just needs a run of games. He's not played that much for us really since he got here. That turn he did today was quality & the more game time he gets the better he will get.

This lad got it, I'm more and more
Convinced. The ball sticks to him. He's going to be a big part of the team next season.

Didsbury Dave said:
This lad got it, I'm more and more
Convinced. The ball sticks to him. He's going to be a big part of the team next season.
Worryingly for you, I agree.

Him and aguero will link up a treat next season. He brings everything to the table that Dzeko couldn't and is the partner aguero has been screaming for. Aguero drops deeper as a general principle so I think we can afford to play with both of them assuming we go and buy better mobility for the midfield. That means Yaya goes but we need to move on and Pogba is the answer.

proy said:
Him and aguero will link up a treat next season. He brings everything to the table that Dzeko couldn't and is the partner aguero has been screaming for. Aguero drops deeper as a general principle so I think we can afford to play with both of them assuming we go and buy better mobility for the midfield. That means Yaya goes but we need to move on and Pogba is the answer.

That's my take on it too. Yaya for Pogba and Sterling for Nasri, and we can definitely play two up front again for many games.

Didsbury Dave said:
proy said:

That's my take on it too. Yaya for Pogba and Sterling for Nasri, and we can definitely play two up front again for many games.

I agree I'd take Sterling, but not at the rumoured £40 million. 25/30 max.

I reckon Yaya is gone. I'd go balls out now for Pogba. He is the big player we need. With Lampard and Milner going I can see us hanging onto Nasri. Maybe go in for De Brunye as well.

I think the middle of the park has cost us big this year. It has left the back four exposed far too often, even playing in a 4-5-1 we haven't had the legs. Partially forced this, but it looks like that's the part of the team that will be overhauled and that is a sensible decision.

Bony is a quality striker, it will be like a new signing when we go again next season.

4-4-2 with the current team personnel just doesn't work.
With the current squad, when Bony plays he has to play in the centre up top with Aguero out on the left.
He was playing to deep today and lost the ball on 3 or 4 occasions that other opponents would certainly have exploited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.