Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TFC said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Pellegrini will probably play that anyway. Think I'd rather have Bony than Dzeko in at this stage

Good news, I'd rather have a traffic cone on the field than Dzeko come Sunday. It probably would show a bit more desire.

And jump higher.

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:
Apparently he'll be fit for Sunday.

Fuckin great news,a very timely boost.
Just makes it harder to play a formation that won't be cut to ribbons in midfield imo.

Bony defends from the front and helps link play,we look far more cohesive and fluid with him on the pitch,as opposed to the lacklustre Dzeko,he also makes space for Aguero.

I'm much more confident with his return.

FantasyIreland said:
NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

Just makes it harder to play a formation that won't be cut to ribbons in midfield imo.

Bony defends from the front and helps link play,we look far more cohesive and fluid with him on the pitch,as opposed to the lacklustre Dzeko,he also makes space for Aguero.

I'll be shocked if we play with two forwards at OT. Silva behind Kun with Milner and Navas on the wings is my bet for the starting XI.

For the boss to go balls out with Kun and Bony at this stage of the season with what the ramifications would be of a defeat for me would be poor management.

Still he's the boss and 424 has been his default so who knows.

FantasyIreland said:
NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

Tbh apart from against the 10 men of WBA I don't really remember Bony and Aguero playing that well together. Even though he's strong and a great finisher I don't think Bony is as fast or hardworking as some make out.

To me he doesn't seem worth playing arguably all the rest of the front 5 out of position for - Aguero (lone striker), Yaya (deep lying playmaker, not all round engine), Silva (number 10), Navas (genuine winger), Fernandinho (box to box midfielder).

4-4-2 though, so what can you do eh?

We signed him and then decided that Dzeko was better, as such he hasn't been given a proper chance. We must be the only side in the world who buys a striker for £25m and then puts them on the bench.

City_Sean said:
We signed him and then decided that Dzeko was better, as such he hasn't been given a proper chance. We must be the only side in the world who buys a striker for £25m and then puts them on the bench.
Ties in nicely with our policy of consistently only buying squad players despite the fact that the first XI is screaming out for improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.