Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo its very unlikely that if Pellegrini leaves than the new manager would keep this 442 mania...

We either would go 433 or 4231 probably. In those Bony is not a fixed starter.

So for Bony personally Pellegrini staying would be a good situation.

FantasyIreland said:
I agree....to turn up at OT playing two up front would be foolish and inviting a defeat,however,that little fact hasn't stopped MP in the past.

And Bony being included wont make a great deal of difference when It comes to the square peg debate as MP has also been doing that all season.We simply don't have the right balance of players to include all our stella names in the most effective system,yet that doesn't stop the manager giving it a go.

If he does play 2 up front,id 'hope' for

--------Fernandinho------
---Milner----------Yaya---
-----------Silva---------
------Aguero--Bony-------

I've not been remotely concerned about the derby until now. I have been convinced we are a better side than them and that quality will prevail.

But if we do go 4-4-2 (and I really wish we didn't) then please God, let's not see Yaya being accompanied by Fernando. Why our manager EVER plays Fernando instead of Fernandino, is completely beyond me.

I do think we will win, but if we see this:

-------------------------Hart-------------------------------
Zabaleta - Komps - MDM/Mangala - Clichy
Navas------Fernando-----Yaya-----------Silva
------------Aguero------------Bony------------------

I will be worried. Very worried.

Damanino said:
Imo its very unlikely that if Pellegrini leaves than the new manager would keep this 442 mania...

We either would go 433 or 4231 probably. In those Bony is not a fixed starter.

So for Bony personally Pellegrini staying would be a good situation.

4-3-3 with Bony and Aguero sharing the CF role isn't terrible though for Bony. Seeing the concern for injuries to Aguero I would hope that's one role we could rotate more next season over all of the competitions. Playing Bony as a lone striker would be worth trying out.

A 4-3-3 with Aguero playing a LW/support striker is a risk but also worth trying IMO.

This obsession with 4-4-2 is unhealthy, and I don't mean Pellegrini's obsession.

When you consider we spend the majority of our time camped in the opposition's third it really doesn't make a difference what the formation is.

Regards Bony, at least if he plays it gives us someone that is comfortable playing with his back to goal, gives us an aerial presence in the box and a more physical presence too.

Let him do the dirty work and Aguero can thrive on the space that will create.

With Aguero, Bony, Dzeko and Jovetic that is 4 strikers. Basically forced to play 4-4-2 with that many strikers that were expensive transfers, on big wages.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
Mancini played with 2 strikers at Old Traford in 11-12.

Roberto-Mancini-Manchester-City-Thumbs-Up-1.jpg

mancini_2035028c.jpg

Hopefully Bony and Aguero can actually form a partnership.

If you play a 4-4-2, then the partnership between the two strikers is vital. It simply isn't there with Dzeko and Aguero. Two good players, but there's no link up play there, there's no real partnership.

Negredo was Aguero's best strike partner at City and I see Bony quite similar to Negredo. Strong, holds the ball up well, good ball control - everything we thought Dzeko would be.

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:
Maybe...but I still see the above set up as leaving us exposed to those teams that press,and put us on the back foot - our foundations are weak and Kompany gets dragged out of position as Yaya simply doesn't have the tools to cope in such circumstances.

While far from ideal,Fernando would be better in that team imo.
No I completely agree.

In my mind if we'd spent the Bony money on Schneiderlein or Cabaye or someone of that mould we'd have a much better set up right now and arguably be performing better in the league.

Any decent manager is not starting Bony and Aguero as a front 2, excluding Pellegrini.

I could never quite understand the urgency to buy Bony, when we had a far greater need to bolster the midfield in January. The reason we kept 36 year old Frank is that we were so light on in midfield, and yet we tossed the big money at Bony.

Against the scum I am hoping against hope that we don't play 442. In fact almost every week I have had the same hope. The most obvious reason is that Fernandinho has to try and do all the defending of the back four by himself. When we play good teams (or even some relatively poor teams this season) our structural deficiencies have been ruthlessly exposed.

I like Bony as a player, but if I am being totally honest there was a part of me half hoping that he might need another week to recover, and therefore we would play Kun up front by himself with Silva supporting (given that Ed doesn't deserve to be on the pitch at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.