Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought his performance went under the radar given the masterclass from Silva and Toure, but thought he had a really good game, his hold up play is excellent and he retains possession so well which is vital to a team that has a fluid movement and midfielders that run beyond the strikers. Once he is fit he will really excell in this team and provide a great back up for Sergio

I was left wondering if he and Aguero should start but with Aguero in Sterling's position. (Sterling could move to the right)

The reason being is that Aguero could let all the heavy lifting to Bony and play the ticky tacky until an port unity to burst into the box presented itself.

Not every game obviously but some were the box is crowded with defenders like WBA's...Bony alone can occupy 3 or 4 alone with his ability to hold up the ball and link with others.

I think he played well enough to at least suck in defenders giving Toure space at the edge of the box. Also he actually won headers and his first touch didn't bounce ten yards off him. All pluses.

Brought the midfielders in to play brilliantly with effort, first touch and hold up play. I think he's an excellent addition to the squad.

We need one striker to be injury free, or at least fit if another is injured.
He knows how to score goals in the Premiership.
He is use to playing with a 'footballing' team.
Good acquisition for us.

This guy will become one of City legends. Great reading of the game, passing, links well with others. Did not make one wrong pass, and that lay off for Yaya was one of the best moves I have ever seen. Needs a run of games, and although not everyone's favorite, he is worth reverting to 442, or as a plan B, on his own - I easily see him scoring 25+ in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.