Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen anything from him, since he arrived here, that has convinced me that he is worth having in the squad, let alone the first team. Not seen any stats, but can't remember him ever coming off the bench to win us a game. He literally offers nothing. Edin wasn't always perfect, but he was head and shoulders above Bony.

It's staggering to me that for him & Managala, the club spent between £60 - £70 million for the pair. Money totally spunked. Neither has offered anything. Whoever sanctioned these two signings should be shot at dawn!

If titles we're handed out for pissing a transfer kitty up the wall on a regular basis, we would be champions by March!

I think the main problem with Bony is his total lack of fitness for our style of play...

We play a high energy game which requires a high level of fitness ( this is one of the reasons Fernando struggled last year)

Bony needs to lose weight and get super fit to be successful in our team..

He is clearly overweight and if he is serious about his future with City, he needs to address this now..

He retired from professional football as soon as we gave him a huge pay rise and long contract. Adebayor Mark II

A goal scorer is a goal scorer.

If you can score 20 goals a season for Swansea or Leicester and a side like City or Arsenal, who create more opportunities per game, come in for you then there is a good chance you can improve.

We bought Bony and have expected him to adapt to a different role. That is 100% our fault. I said at the time a player like Benteke or Lukaku would have been better suited to our team, especially if we were moving to a 4-2-3-1. However, we signed Bony.

Don't forget he regularly scored against the likes of Us, United and Chelsea so he cant be that bad.

Felipe caceido was better

I think the main problem with Bony is his total lack of fitness for our style of play...

We play a high energy game which requires a high level of fitness ( this is one of the reasons Fernando struggled last year)

Bony needs to lose weight and get super fit to be successful in our team..

He is clearly overweight and if he is serious about his future with City, he needs to address this now..[/QUOTE

We play high energy???? Are you fucking joking!

Wasn't Yaya slagging off his attitude to his profession a short while back? I took it with a pinch of salt given it was Yaya talking, but seems like he has hit the nail on the head. Looks way off the pace, lumbering about the place. Perhaps he isn't fully fit after the whole malaria thing, and if this is the case Pelle should make a comment on it, as he does not look up to it and should be down the Pecking order. Big let down from my own opinion, as I had very high hopes when we signed him. But a spade is a spade at this stage. And the spade is shovelling shite week on week.

I have to say - and I do think he has excellent control and short lay-off passing ability - that Bony is way way off our level. He's nowhere near good enough and the recruitment of him has been a huge mistake.

The malaria thing shows a total lack of self care and professionalism too. I worked around Africa over 20 years ago and all we had to take was a couple of paludrine tablets a day. Everyone I worked with who did this didn't catch malaria.....one person didn't and guess what....yes he caught malaria!

Now Bony looked a half decent striker for Swansea and scored goals.He isn't and never will be an Aguero so we have to stop playing a system that doesn't suit him.We have to look at what system will make him the most effective threat to the oppositions defence while we have to play him.Again tactics and that is down to the manager and his coaching staff...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.