Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont question Dzeko leaving as felt it was time.....he needed to move on and selling him was the best for the team and for Dzeko but I think we are all getting to the point where we can see Bony wasnt the right replacement....This team should be a dream for players like Bony....DeBruyne, Sterling, Silva, Yaya all feeding him the ball....this guy should be flying! I now think Bony has had the game time needed to show what he can do and has been a big disappointment....Yes, he can hold the ball up well but thats not his role.....we have 5-6 other attacking midfielders that can do that job....he needs to be on the end of all those passes and putting them in the back of the net....and always seems to be the last in the box and a second too late to the ball....I dont know the reason, as he's shown he can be a goalscorer in the prem but it just not happening with City. I was willing to give him a chance until he got enough game time under his belt......but sadly, even with the game time he's shown we still should be looking for another striker as he not able to get the job done.....

I was pro Bony, but sadly, I agree with all you have written

I think he actually looks as though he feels he's in company that's too exalted for him. It's amazing, you can see it on his face. in short, he knows he's out of his class. Just about ready to pick Kelechi over Bony every single time (except obviously in CL, where we don't have the choice). I was ready to believe in him, but there's no room for sentimentality, here. He's been given a fair crack of the whip (in a way that Jovetic never was, in my opinion, but that's another story) and he just hasn't taken advantage of it. Sod it, he can be on the bench and fight his way back into the team, if he's got that in him.

nothing personal against Bony ,but he is not the striker he was in Swansea,and seems he never be good enough for us..... he is not good enough as much Dzeko was

Just baffles my mind as to why we even signed this guy.

I thought it was fairly obvious why at the time, in Pellers first few months here we played sublime football, a big part of that was down to the role Negredo played in the side. He obviously saw Bony as a like for like replacement, it hasn't worked out that way but the rationale behind the move was sound.

I'd love him to bag 2/3 tonight to shut us all up but its sadly not going to happen.

After tonight if Kun's missing Pelli must start Nacho......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.