Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was fairly obvious why at the time, in Pellers first few months here we played sublime football, a big part of that was down to the role Negredo played in the side. He obviously saw Bony as a like for like replacement, it hasn't worked out that way but the rationale behind the move was sound.
I hope tha rationale was a bit more detailed than 'he plays like Negredo'!

I'm amazed how much he is struggling to even look like a goalscorer and get in the right sort of positions, considering his record at Swansea. But look at the team's he's played for in his career, it's not a huge surprise he can't cut it at the top table.

I would definitely get rid in the summer unless there is a dramatic turnaround, considering he would miss January 2017 because of AFCON I think?

I hope tha rationale was a bit more detailed than 'he plays like Negredo'!

I'm amazed how much he is struggling to even look like a goalscorer and get in the right sort of positions, considering his record at Swansea. But look at the team's he's played for in his career, it's not a huge surprise he can't cut it at the top table.

I would definitely get rid in the summer unless there is a dramatic turnaround, considering he would miss January 2017 because of AFCON I think?

I'm sure the fact he was the league's top goalscorer that year also came into play.

I'm sure the fact he was the league's top goalscorer that year also came into play.
Of course, that's probably the main reason he was signed rather than thinking about exactly how he'd fit into the team. Wouldn't be a total shock to me if we tried to sign Vardy in January for the same reason.

There were rumours that Bony was Pellegrini's idea, which (if true) makes it even more strange that none of our tactics or style of play have been adapted to accommodate him.

I feel a little sorry for him in that no sooner had he arrived and we switched to one up front. When Aguero is fit then Bony is on the bench. As a result he barely got a run in the team last season. During the summer he contracted malaria which is debilitating and has definitely hit his fitness. Then Aguero gets injured and we have an unfit Bony who is being played because we have no one else.

I'm not sure if he is ever the right player for the way we play but he is definitely not fully fit and is not doing himself justice.

He has to put in a big performance tonight after that shambles at stoke his chances are running thin with nearly all fans now at the very least he has to put effort in give 100%, chase defenders down, get in dangerous positions etc at least then us fans know he's trying to turn it around because we all know there's got to be a replacement coming in if he doesn't step up to the mark and soon!

He is actually turning into a worse buy than Adebayor. At least he had a decent season and scored a few.

We need to get rid as soon as possible and that should be as close to Jan 1st as possible. Use him in a part exchange.

In fact go for Lakaku to unsettle Everton in the process.

£35m cash deal or £40m plus Bony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.