Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't think of a team with a better backup striker, despite some peoples belief that he wouldn't get near a lot of teams. Barca have random kids, Real have no one at all, Bayern have been using a 100 year old Claudio Pizarro until this year and now have no one. I think people's expectations are just a bit unrealistic

His problem is his lack of mobility. One of the analysts over he weekend pointed out how much more muscled he is compared to his Swansea days and this was probably at the heart of it.

When you look at that King kid at Bournemouth, all movement and power, you can see how far off the curve Bony is. I wonder if long term injuries lead to too much gym work? Reminds me of muscle bound Richards after his injury problems.

THE Swansea Bony was awesome. The City Bony isn't.

Bony is banging them in now. His problem is that the moment he looks like he's settling in, Aguero is due back. Can they play together? I thought they would when he fist signed but we since signed Sterling and De Bruyne and they are perhaps more suited to City's style

I think we should be emulating the style Barcelona play with 3 interchanging forwards who can all score goals. At the moment, if Aguero gets injured we grind to a halt. Sterling needs to improve his goal output, and I'd like to see him play down the middle a bit more. Iheanacho might make the 3rd striker. All these players are really mobile. Bony is not. I'm not sure it's good to have another option, because that option only works if the player is used often enough to be effective.

Can't think of a team with a better backup striker, despite some peoples belief that he wouldn't get near a lot of teams. Barca have random kids, Real have no one at all, Bayern have been using a 100 year old Claudio Pizarro until this year and now have no one. I think people's expectations are just a bit unrealistic
Remy, Walcott, Sturridge, morata/dybala, Torres/martinez.

Barca - if one of the 3 best forwards in the world is missing 2 are still playing

Real - if Benzema is injured they make do with Ronaldo.

As much as Bony is alright he's also not versatile enough to be any more than a "second striker" whereas if it was someone like griezmann or aubameyang they'd be harder to categorise
Bayern - if lewa injured then Muller

Whilst I agree I'd also point out that we unlike them have a star player who is made of fucking glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.