Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign another striker the youngster becomes fourth choice and personally I want the kid to play a part this year, I would have brought him on instead of Bony in at least one of our games this season, 3 is ample
Whilst I'm happy with our striker situation, 3 isn't always ample depending on who's at your dispense. In our title winning there was a period where out of 4 strikers, we only had Edin fit.

Whilst I'm happy with our striker situation, 3 isn't always ample depending on who's at your dispense. In our title winning there was a period where out of 4 strikers, we only had Edin fit.

You cannot have 4 good strikers when playing one up front, we have Sergio his back up Bony and a prospect, it's a good balance, who would we sign of real quality who would sit on the bench, if all 3 get injured that is bad luck and we would have to use someone else or draft someone in in January, what other top team has 4 top strikers

I am with the conspiracy theorists, there's nothing wrong with Bony but he avoids International duty. Surely there must be a seasoned pro, a striker, who would love to be part of City squad for a season.

I'm just not convinced by him yet. I think he should be doing much better. He's not been bad but just feel like his performances so far just not been up to the standard we require. I would have Kelechi as the second choice strike for now!

He needs a run of games, I think it's that simple really. We saw it with defenders last season as they were out of form following constant rotation and I think it's the same with Wilf

I admired his game when he was at Swans and was really excited when we signed him.

he is a very capable player as he showed in the past. for some reason he struggles to fit in our style and I cant put my finger on it.

It feels like he struggle to play the ball in the crowded defense and we usually play a narrow game. he needs more space when facing defenders e.i. on the counter or a thru ball he will be more effective vs. in a one-two short and quick passing situation

in all fairness he has never got a good run of games for us either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.