Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takes one or two for the team. Creates space & time & has been far more effective than Kun so far this season. Look at how he kept the ball off the thug Havabunch yesterday.
When all our new players get bedded in watch this man go.

Played well yesterday, his hold up play was excellent. Just looks a bit rusty, but that will fade after a run of games

One of his best performances in a City shirt for me first time he's looked settled, not trying too hard to be the one to score and losing possession.

To be fair to Bony, I think he was signed with 4-4-2 in mind, as the perfect compliment to Kun. He is big and strong and creates space for others. I think the club were banking on them to replicate Negrado - Kun but be more consistent.

However, we seemed to have moved to a 4-2-3-1 which requires a lot of pace and movement from our front man, something which Bony is not noted for.

Kun and Bony are two polar opposite strikers and in a way I feel a bit for Bony. Solely because I cannot see him replicating his goal scoring form from Swansea with us. That said, I can see him having a hell of a lot more assists. His hold up play and lay offs are by far the best in the PL for a striker.

I can see him reaching between 10-15 goals in all competitions but also matching them figures with assists.

nowhere near convinced by him yet.

good hold up play yes, but thats about it at the moment and that for a striker is worrying

probably doesn't help that Navas cannot get a cross passed the first defenders shin pads but he had two very good chances in quick succession yesterday and should have buried one of them at least.

personally at the end of this season id go for another striker and sell him

depends on how Kelechi does who that striker is however.....if he does well we could go for someone younger but if he still looks like he needs another season or 2 playing back up striker id go for someone more developed

Bony needs to step up big time to prove he is worth a place in starting 11 and he isn't at the moment looking like he is capable

If Kun is out for a few weeks this is were Bony needs to step up and get his name on the score sheet. He would of looked at Kelichi scoring yesterday and must of been happy for the lad but deep down pissed off he didnt get a chance when he gets a chance he has to take it simple as that and get his confidence going.
With West Ham and Sunderland to come I think Bony and Kelichi might well be the pairing to give Kun time to get over his knock so Bony will start midweek against Juve too. I think he has all the tools needed just needs a goal to start everything going his way. The pressure is on him in some way but with our squad we have the players who will create a lot of chances for our strikers so I think all the strikers will score goals this season.

I think he needs to bit a bit more greedy
He had a pass played to him yesterday with his back to goal and he laid it off for Toure who's shot went a gazillion miles wide
Now it was a great lay off and sometimes we've seen Yaya score from these positions, but the defender stood right off Bony and as he received the ball I shouted, "turn and shoot"
The other thing about having Bony up top is that we never seem to have any players running beyond him. He holds the ball up and there's no one legging it into the penalty area. I can't be the only person seeing this

Bony is in a difficult position. As is Pellegrini. If Aguero misses a few games here and there and Bony plays well, scores a hat trick, what happens when Aguero returns to the team? Drop Bony to the bench, or is Pelle tempted to go back to 4-4-2 to accommodate both of them? If he plays 4-4-2, which midfielder does he leave out?
Chances are, Bony goes to the bench, regardless of how well he has done.

He played well yesterday , good hold up play , excellent first touch and accurate passing.

He will look better with sterling in the team as he will make runs beyond him with a one two wall pass that he excels at.

I like him, he adds to the team as a whole and doesn't look out of place with our technical players. A much better fit than Dzeko ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.