Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he needs to bit a bit more greedy
He had a pass played to him yesterday with his back to goal and he laid it off for Toure who's shot went a gazillion miles wide
Now it was a great lay off and sometimes we've seen Yaya score from these positions, but the defender stood right off Bony and as he received the ball I shouted, "turn and shoot"
The other thing about having Bony up top is that we never seem to have any players running beyond him. He holds the ball up and there's no one legging it into the penalty area. I can't be the only person seeing this

I agree about players running beyond him, when Aguero went off yesterday we had no one to do this. I think Sterling and Bony would be a great fit in this regard.

nowhere near convinced by him yet.

good hold up play yes, but thats about it at the moment and that for a striker is worrying

probably doesn't help that Navas cannot get a cross passed the first defenders shin pads but he had two very good chances in quick succession yesterday and should have buried one of them at least.

personally at the end of this season id go for another striker and sell him

depends on how Kelechi does who that striker is however.....if he does well we could go for someone younger but if he still looks like he needs another season or 2 playing back up striker id go for someone more developed

Bony needs to step up big time to prove he is worth a place in starting 11 and he isn't at the moment looking like he is capable

Harsh!

nowhere near convinced by him yet.

good hold up play yes, but thats about it at the moment and that for a striker is worrying

probably doesn't help that Navas cannot get a cross passed the first defenders shin pads but he had two very good chances in quick succession yesterday and should have buried one of them at least.

personally at the end of this season id go for another striker and sell him

depends on how Kelechi does who that striker is however.....if he does well we could go for someone younger but if he still looks like he needs another season or 2 playing back up striker id go for someone more developed

Bony needs to step up big time to prove he is worth a place in starting 11 and he isn't at the moment looking like he is capable
That's how I see it. When I watch him i dont feel like he's gonna score. Hoping I'm wrong and he starts scoring tho

I think Bony is one of the best around & probably the best in the business at leading the line. He had a great game v Palace (better than Aguero by far when both were on the pitch) & was unlucky not to score with a superb turn & shot & a great header. Strong, skillful, intelligent & a fantastic header of the ball.

Not even really got started in his City career yet & already doing a great job. No idea how anyone can even consider moaning about him.

Not sure what people are complaining about. Bony is the player people thought Heskey was 15 years ago. The kind of striker that can go a season, barely make it to double figures and still be a vital part of the team.

Yes ideally he'd tuck away as many as he did for Swansea but he's not required to because of our midfield. For defenders he's like a hornet bouncing around the kitchen and they have no idea how to deal with it. You can see them panic every time and not know whether to back off or get close. Was it against Everton or West Brom at home last year (maybe neither I don't recall properly) when he got behind the defence and was hacked twice within the first few minutes leading to a red card?

He's not technically the best although he does seem to have vision and is fearless enough to try the outrageous. Obviously his main strength is his... strength and that is something none of our other attacking players have to anywhere near the same degree.

I think Bony is one of the best around & probably the best in the business at leading the line. He had a great game v Palace (better than Aguero by far when both were on the pitch) & was unlucky not to score with a superb turn & shot & a great header. Strong, skillful, intelligent & a fantastic header of the ball.

Not even really got started in his City career yet & already doing a great job. No idea how anyone can even consider moaning about him.

The unsung hero for me is Bony. The guy is so strong and consistently holds the ball up with his back to goal allowing our midfield to come onto it. He wins the big hoofs-out and causes all sorts of problems for the opposing CBs. He is also deceptively good with the ball at his feet when facing goal. I feel sorry for him in many ways. In another team he would play every game when fit and lead the line superbly. For us he will be an occasional presence who will be called upon to mix things up when our preferred front 4 of Kun, KDB, Sterling and Silva need a shake up. It is a great option and a solid Plan B but something of a waste of his obvious talents. Furthermore with Kelechi now emerging as a serious talent I hope that he is happy to stay in the squad in the way that Edin was patently not.

The unsung hero for me is Bony. The guy is so strong and consistently holds the ball up with his back to goal allowing our midfield to come onto it. He wins the big hoofs-out and causes all sorts of problems for the opposing CBs. He is also deceptively good with the ball at his feet when facing goal. I feel sorry for him in many ways. In another team he would play every game when fit and lead the line superbly. For us he will be an occasional presence who will be called upon to mix things up when our preferred front 4 of Kun, KDB, Sterling and Silva need a shake up. It is a great option and a solid Plan B but something of a waste of his obvious talents. Furthermore with Kelechi now emerging as a serious talent I hope that he is happy to stay in the squad in the way that Edin was patently not.

I think Kun is one of those players who misses games. Bony will score the goals which will make him impossible to ignore & also provide better service to DeBruyne & Yaya.

Once DeBruyne learns to play the kind of ball Swansea used to play to him, he'll fill his boots imo.

I think he needs a run of games. Compare Sagna this year, he's had a run of games and looks like a different player. Bony's problem is that (unless Kun has a really bad injury) a run of games is unlikely unless we go back to 4-4-2. (Which most of us wouldn't want.)

It's a problem, but Bony is a good player, and sooner or later it will show.

^this^

Theres a lot more to Bony than he gets credit for. Has anyone noticed how quick he is with his feet when he hits the ball, the back lift is almost non existent. I think he's a super player but also feel he's still in awe of those around him and once he gets past that voodoo he'll show the doubters why he's a great signing.

BTW, it's really encouraging to see the last couple of pages of positive, informed and sensible posts from fellow Blues on Bony, I read so much unknowledgable rubbish on other places this morning I cringed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.