Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you are right. He tried to shoot the ball himself and only got a slight touch instead. Sterling scored and Bony somehow got an assist, where he didn't even see Sterling, yet alone tried to pass it to him. This is not to knock Bony, but to show how everything these days counts as an assist, is just laughable.

I get what you're saying, some assists are a bit generous but to be fair without his touch the ball from Navas likely goes behind Sterling.

To be fair some goals are awarded in dubious circumstances too, look at Iheanacho's against Swansea for example.

That is complete unadulterated bollocks. I had many a whinge at Dzeko during his time here, but there is no way on this earth Bony is an upgrade on Dzeko, it simply isn't true.
You don't remember Dzeko very well then. Note the word 'sadly' in my post. Both weren't/aren't good fits for us but Dzeko was every bit as lazy looking as Bony but with the added petulance and arse sitting whenever things didn't go his way. In that way Bony is an upgrade.

Neither were, with hindsight, the sort of striker we needed.

You don't remember Dzeko very well then. Note the word 'sadly' in my post. Both weren't/aren't good fits for us but Dzeko was every bit as lazy looking as Bony but with the added petulance and arse sitting whenever things didn't go his way. In that way Bony is an upgrade.

Neither were, with hindsight, the sort of striker we needed.

I remember him mate. At times he was lazy and sulky as fuck. He could also pull out a fantastic goal from nothing and score from anywhere. We didn't play to his strengths but he still scored a lot of goals and important ones too. I'd swap him for Bony in a heartbeat.

I remember him mate. At times he was lazy and sulky as fuck. He could also pull out a fantastic goal from nothing and score from anywhere. We didn't play to his strengths but he still scored a lot of goals and important ones too. I'd swap him for Bony in a heartbeat.

+1

He did that. Very important goals.

It's a shame for both players that they just didn't fit. Both would probably be much better with Aguero but in the end neither have the dynamism needed to be the sort of hard running and pressing game you need if you're to drop back and make a 451 when the opposition have the ball.

I'm sure our next manager will have different ideas. I just wish we had the Bony that played for Swansea.

Like this

Let me pull up a seat this is going to be entertaining they seems to now be a group arguing between the values of Bony and Dzeko.

As much as I think Dzeko had come to the end of his time for us. For those Bony supporters to actually think that Bony is a better player than our multiple trophy winning Dzeko really are showing their lack of knowledge when it comes to footballers.

Keep up the good work Bonygettes.

Let me pull up a seat this is going to be entertaining they seems to now be a group arguing between the values of Bony and Dzeko.

As much as I think Dzeko had come to the end of his time for us. For those Bony supporters to actually think that Bony is a better player than our multiple trophy winning Dzeko really are showing their lack of knowledge when it comes to footballers.

Keep up the good work Bonygettes.

The oracle has spoken.

and there lies the problem ,you had to go back to his Swansea days to find something, he definitely has it in him ,but it isn't quite going for him at the moment

I know that's the problem mate, I'm not suggesting otherwise. My point is he is capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.