Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

dobobobo said:
*Logs back on*
What's he said now?
He's said nowt. Inter have been raving about meeting his agent and how they want him (with City paying them for the privilege).

Personally I'd get rid as soon as possible and let Inter or whoever, put up with his and his agents annual summer antics.

Great player but a shadow of himself from last season and will only get worse not better.

Many of us felt he should have been sold last close season while his value was still high. It was a combination of motivation/hunger, advancing years and a 2013/14 season that could never be replicated.

We didn't have a crystal ball, and didn't know how this season would pan out, so we could have easily have been wrong.

We weren't.

sir baconface said:
Many of us felt he should have been sold last close season while his value was still high. It was a combination of motivation/hunger, advancing years and a 2013/14 season that could never be replicated.

We didn't have a crystal ball, and didn't know how this season would pan out, so we could have easily have been wrong.

We weren't.

It's extremely poor planning on the clubs part though. Even if they thought he may replicate last season, they knew he was going to ACON again and the chances of him doing it again next season were remote to say the least.

What did we do to plan for his eventual decline, departure? We signed Fernando.

Not our finest bit of planning and the reason why we are where we are.

Yaya hasn't been as bad as some people have made out this season, but he certainly hasn't been anything like he was in 2014. Add that to the hit and miss performances of silva this season, aguero's decline in form since he came back and Kompany and Zabaleta struggling and it was always going to end badly this season.

I think the rebuild required in the summer will also mean a season of consolidation next year too. Maybe we might take the cups a bit more seriously. However poor we were in 2013, we still enjoyed a Wembley win over Chelsea and a cup final, albeit a Shambolic one!

We owe yaya a massive debt , he has been our big game player , and i would never slag the guy , just because his agent is the dickhead , he has definitely been high maintenance but worth every penny in my book. Unfortunately his time is up , i dont even want him near the side on Monday against Palace , because he wont turn up , he cant motivate himself for the run of the mill games nowadays . Let him have his pension/final pay day at Milan whilst we can still get £20m for him , but he will be a massive miss , i cannot think of any player in the world , who could fill his boots.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
We owe yaya a massive debt , he has been our big game player , and i would never slag the guy , just because his agent is the dickhead , he has definitely been high maintenance but worth every penny in my book. Unfortunately his time is up , i dont even want him near the side on Monday against Palace , because he wont turn up , he cant motivate himself for the run of the mill games nowadays . Let him have his pension/final pay day at Milan whilst we can still get £20m for him , but he will be a massive miss , i cannot think of any player in the world , who could fill his boots.

If there is anyone who can get close,
He should already be here. Expecting a
new signing to come in and replace him is a big ask, whoever it is. Our planning for this moment has been terrible.

As it stands Inter cannot afford to sign Yaya on a contract.

It could be useful to loan him to Inter for a season with a possibility to buy. They pay a loan fee and handle all the wages.

If he regains form over the next season we can bring him back for 2016-17. If not there's option to buy.

I f*cking love yaya toure and if I met I'm in an airport I would hug him and weep uncontrollably! for the memories he has given me over the last few years

there are some ruthless b*******ds on here.its a good job the club is run by people who think with the head rather than heart,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.