Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

chesterbells said:
Citizen Green said:
Clearly the club is at a cross-roads over Yaya, either he stays on a reduced contract (wages) & ends up with an ambassadorial role when he retires, or we sell him to Inter in the summer and get him of the wage books.

One thing that is getting right on my tits currently though is the fraction of City fans who are slating his every move and slagging him off at every given opportunity, he's turning into the whipping boy of a lot of City fan's frustration at the moment. These fans are quick to forget the massive impact the man's had on our club and there's no way we would have achieved the level of success over the last 4 years we have without him. For that very reason I think he's earned the right to make the decision on his own future, if he wants to stay then keep him and move forward together, if he wants to go, then he goes with my blessing and I wish him every success.

One of the greatest players to ever where the City jersey, and bar for the shenanigans of last summer (after his brother's death I'll add) he's always been a top professional for us, we'll go along way to find a player who will have as big an impact over the next few years after he's gone.

Spot on, and needed saying.
His goal at Newcastle, and his goal in the cup semifinal vs United especially was a watershed moment for the club.
One of the greatest players I've ever gone to watch play

The total lack of loyalty to a City legend is what disappoints me the most about an element of the City support and most of it over some sensationalist 'cakegate' story in the press - that none of us know the truth about. All I know is that Yaya is still here and before ACON he was intrinsic to our good form prior to Jan. This is no different to the antics that Rooney's agent pulled a couple of times but the rags seem content to forgive and forget.

Frankly, some City fans simply need to grow up and stop alienating a player that has brought us so much joy over the years - because by treating him like some kind of pariah will not lead to his form improving and we will be driving out a player at the club that could have 4-5 years left in top flight football - a bit like Frank Lampard who is 36.

In all seriousness where does he get off thinking he's fit for an ambassadorial role with the club and more importantly who in the right mind would make him one?

Great player for us he has been, but an ambassador? Christ.

Ambassadors for clubs you think Zanetti at Inter, a player who gave everything for his club. Not Yaya.

Blue Mooner said:
chesterbells said:
Citizen Green said:
Clearly the club is at a cross-roads over Yaya, either he stays on a reduced contract (wages) & ends up with an ambassadorial role when he retires, or we sell him to Inter in the summer and get him of the wage books.

One thing that is getting right on my tits currently though is the fraction of City fans who are slating his every move and slagging him off at every given opportunity, he's turning into the whipping boy of a lot of City fan's frustration at the moment. These fans are quick to forget the massive impact the man's had on our club and there's no way we would have achieved the level of success over the last 4 years we have without him. For that very reason I think he's earned the right to make the decision on his own future, if he wants to stay then keep him and move forward together, if he wants to go, then he goes with my blessing and I wish him every success.

One of the greatest players to ever where the City jersey, and bar for the shenanigans of last summer (after his brother's death I'll add) he's always been a top professional for us, we'll go along way to find a player who will have as big an impact over the next few years after he's gone.

His goal at Newcastle, and his goal in the cup semifinal vs United especially was a watershed moment for the club.

The total lack of loyalty to a City legend is what disappoints me the most about an element of the City support and most of it over some sensationalist 'cakegate' story in the press - that none of us know the truth about. All I know is that Yaya is still here and before ACON he was intrinsic to our good form prior to Jan. This is no different to the antics that Rooney's agent pulled a couple of times but the rags seem content to forgive and forget.

Frankly, some City fans simply need to grow up and stop alienating a player that has brought us so much joy over the years - because by treating him like some kind of pariah will not lead to his form improving and we will be driving out a player at the club that could have 4-5 years left in top flight football - a bit like Frank Lampard who is 36.

Loyalty works both ways pal.

Blue Mooner said:
chesterbells said:
Citizen Green said:

His disloyalty to his paymasters and adoring fans is what concerns me. He has wanted a move since last season, and this season he is playing to get it...........TWAT

spanishblue said:
Blue Mooner said:
chesterbells said:

His disloyalty to his paymasters and adoring fans is what concerns me. He has wanted a move since last season, and this season he is playing to get it...........TWAT

And therein lies the problem with some City fans far too precious by half. I don't expect any player to be a died in the wool blue and I understand that footballers are professionals who want to get paid what they think they are worth. It's business and primarily driven by his agent not yaya. I certainly wouldn't respect or show any loyalty to a set of fans who call me a tw*t.

If you think he is playing poorly to get away you totally misunderstand football. Teams want to sign players who are in form and have the right mentality. If Yaya wanted to get away the best way of doing that would be by playing out of his skin like last season.

Blue Mooner said:
spanishblue said:
Blue Mooner said:

And therein lies the problem with some City fans far too precious by half. I don't expect any player to be a died in the wool blue and I understand that footballers are professionals who want to get paid what they think they are worth. It's business and primarily driven by his agent not yaya. I certainly wouldn't respect or show any loyalty to a set of fans who call me a tw*t.

If you think he is playing poorly to get away you totally misunderstand football. Teams want to sign players who are in form and have the right mentality. If Yaya wanted to get away the best way of doing that would be by playing out of his skin like last season.

Sorry blue the twat wasn't aimed at you :-) .

But at yaya who has acted like one since before cake gate, as for adoring fans....... not me not since I had Bell stitched on my shirt.
The lad does owe the fans and the club for his lavish life style and at the moment he is letting both down,

fatbloke said:
Blue Mooner said:
I always feel better seeing Yaya Toure's name on the team sheet than not. Yet again he conjures up a goal that gave us a sniff of getting a result.

Against the likes of Palace we don't need a defensive midfielder, they created nothing all game. In a team where we are limited in natural goalscorers fans want one of them (Yaya) taken out of the team - and for James Milner of all people !! Now don't get me wrong I love Milner he can do a job for us in certain games but he's not even close to the same class as Yaya. Micheal Carrick & Fabian Delph get in the England team ahead of Milner so if that's who we're looking to rely on to bring back the glory then we really are in trouble.

If anything it demonstrates the small time mentality of some of our fans who seem to mistake any player that runs around George Boyd style for 90 minutes as being a class player.

A great player simply does not go bad overnight, if Yaya is lacking anything at the moment it can be summed up in one word..CONFIDENCE.

It's sad that our own fans seem to be delighting in destroying it along with many other players.

As I have said in previous posts - Hard work beats talent when talent isn't prepared to work hard!!!

Now which one of the Stoke (H), West Ham (A), Newcastle (Capital One), CSKA (H), Burnley (H), Middlesbrough (FA Cup), Liverpool (A), Burnley (A) or Crystal Palace (A) games would you like to debate that point on? None of those sides are even close to us in terms of talent but they're all prepared to work much harder than we are at times and Yaya although admittedly didn't play in all those games is the epitome of everything that is wrong with our approach and attitude to games.

Milner isn't as talented but he's a battler and when things are tough I'd much rather have him fighting next to me than an overweight, lazy, 6'4" traffic cone who is scared of getting hit by a fucking football. The bloke hasn't got the heart for a battle, how many times do you need to see it before you realise he's the one costing this team on a regular basis.

And before you start on the fans - are these the same fans who have chanted his name for the previous 3/4 years?

This all day long.

When is the last time you saw Yaya go on one of those bursting runs?

Sadly age is catching up with him.

Blue Mooner said:
spanishblue said:
Blue Mooner said:

Not having this. Yaya turns it on and off like a tap when HE wishes too. Thanks but no thanks Yaya...Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.