Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo1 said:
Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
He was a fucking embarrassment at the swamp and has been for the most part of this season.He doesn't give a shit about this club and should have been shown the door last summer along with half a dozen other charlatans.
Happy to see you have come around to a position I have held since the Summer. A position you derided a good 7 months ago too. Should I take it that you now also agree the front office has been crap with their transfer work?

Happy to have you on board. Welcome to the club.

Anyway, let me clear up another fallacy, players generally don't care about a club unless they started their careers there. Some might have an aggressive playing style, or a fighting demeanor and others are more laid back. This is stylistic and not a function caring. Unless you are suggesting we play mostly EDS kid, which you probably aren't, pride is not an issue.

Yes, you are right, we need to get more naturally intense players with a Talent! Again another failing of the front office. By the way do you know a player with that natural passion? Sanchez! Yep same one I cried for last summer.

Not to digress: not saying Yaya had a great game but he was better than lots of players who seem to be getting a pass.
In fairness mate I've seen Zabaleta,Demichellis, Mangala,Navas, Milner, Clichy and Silva given grief for their performances on various threads since yesterday.
Yaya probably gets more negativity because his top levels are so high we expect much more from him. His massive frame doesn't help him, it's hard to miss him on the pitch so it's more noticable when he's not making forward runs or tracking back.
He's had his day here unless he's willing to play a bit part player role. If the club we're happy to pay his wages and he was happy to be an impact sub similar to lampard then he could still play a big part in future success.
Unfortunately that's a bit of a pipe dream, I doubt his ego would allow him to go down that route. If we can get a decent offer for him in the summer I'd be inclined to accept.
Outside of Navas, I haven't seen much grief regarding the others. Besides there is a specialvitriol reserved for Yaya that others never seem to get. Some of it is deserved, but a lot simply is ovr the top. The reaction to this game seems more of the latter.
Ps: just checked the Milner, Silva and KompAny threads, reactions to their performance? Pretty mild. Yaya was better than all 3, which says all one needs to know.

Stephenhakin said:
Absolutely shocked that some Blues are still defending Yaya. He is the main reason for our recent poor performances its like we have been playing with ten men every game he has played recently. Worse for me is the fact he thinks this is acceptable. He is making mugs out of the lot of us.

Long time lurker here, but I have to jump in.

This is complete revisionist bollocks.

Our form crashed when Yaya wasn't even in the team, but some people here thought that when he came back from AFCON it was going to be like the second coming of Jesus and he was going to deliver us the title single handedly. When he came back and nothing changed the backlash begun. The problems at City are systemic right now, It's true that Yaya hasn't been in any great form, but he certainly isn't alone in that and saying that he is primary reason for our poor performances is simply scapegoating.

As an aside, anyone who actually watched AFCON could see that he wasnt going to come straight back into the team and deliver us the title. The guy is completely shot right now. Whether its exhaustion from the death of his brother/world cup/premier league/AFCON all coming back to back or simply that his age is catching up with him I don't know. Everyone can see that he isn't playing up the level of previous seasons but the total lack of respect shown here to one of our greatest is sickening. Yaya has carried this team on his back at times, particularly during crucial periods of our title winning seasons.

Should he go in the summer? Probably he should, but he wouldnt be the first name on my list. First would be a manager who cant seem to motivate players or train them in the basics of defending, set pieces and positioning. Second would be a Director of Football who pays 35 million for 29 year olds and over 40 million for a Centre Back with good physical attributes but zero defensive awareness.

Dax777 said:
mosssideblue said:
Dax777 said:
I thought Yaya was one of our better players Yesterday. Dont get the outcry. It seem some just want to whine. He put some beautiful passes forward and kept Feliani challenged, even when he sometimes lost the jump ball he was there. This is way more than he ususally does defensively and he was on point with his passing offensively. So I am at a loss as to why he is being denigrated for yesterday's performance.

Apparently, he took a shot once and took his time jogging back on defense :? Big deal, Silva made a bad pass and did the same. Aguero at one point lazily walked towards a defender on the ball as Navas was running helter selter to close down 2 at a time. Yet no one seems to be outraged by those similar shows of a lack of energy.

Strange!

Put the fishing rod away mate. Not funny anymore
What fishing rod? Just coz most of you want to have preconceived notions before a single ball has been kicked and moan afterwards doesn't mean I should join in. As I was watching the game, I thought Yaya was better than most. Fernandihno, and Aguero were the only players who were better. He was better than Silva, Milner, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas and about similar to Zab, even though I gave him a bit of an edge. But there is no outrage about any of these players in fact some were even given a little praise for putting in an effort. Dont know what the fuk that means.

Here are the discernable facts
Shots:1) Aguero 5, 2) Yaya 2. Everyone else 1 or none

Shots on target: 2 Aguero, 1 Navas = Zero everyone else.

Pass Accuracy: 1) Mangala 100%, 2) Yaya 81%, 3)David Silva 80%

Aerial Balls won:1) Kompany 6, 2nd MDM 4, 3 Yaya 2: Everyone else 1 or none

Touches on the ball: 1) MDM 54, 2) Yaya Toure 52, 3) Pablo 52

Key passes: 1) Silva & Navas 2, Yaya, Zab, Lamps, Dihno, MDM 1. Everyone else 0.

Dribbles: 1) Yaya & Clichy 2, Dihno, Aguero and Komps 1; Everyone else 0

Dispossessed: David Silva & Milner 2, Aguero, Zab, Dihno, MDM, Komps Clichy, Nasri, Navas 1: Pay attention to who never got dispossesed: Yeah, Yaya !!(thats Inspite of more touches than most).

Unforced error: Sergio & Silva 2, Yaya, Milner and Navas 1. Others 0.

Tackles: Dihno 8. MDM 4, Zab 3, Yaya, Mang, Milner, Clichy, Komp, Nasri, Navas 1. others 0

Completed passes: 1) Silva 45, 2) Yaya 44 3) Zab 42 4)Dihno 41 others below

Long ball accuracy 1) Joe 4/16 2) Yaya 2/4 Everyone else 1 or less.

Percentage LB Accuracy: Yaya 50% & Silva 50% no one else above 33%

Thru Ball: 1) Milner 2, Yaya, Silva and Lampard 1. Everyone else 0.

Interceptions: Clichy 4, Zab & MDM 3, Yaya & Mang 2, everyone else 1 or 0

Fouls commited: Yaya & Zab 0. Clichy & Navas 3, Milner & Aguero 2, Everyone else who started had at least 2.

These are some of the emotion free stats for your perusal. I was the first to say Yaya should be sold when most of you were still being blue blinkered. And I'd complain when he is poor. Not saying he was great, but he was far better than many. Watching the game without some preconceived emotion about any player shows it. And the stats back it up.

He was average, like most of the others against a superior team on the night. But he was far from being the poorest player on the field. Of that I am absolutely certain.

So like I said earlier, I don't get the fake outrage :?

Is there a stat for:
1. Being no where near the player you're supposed to mark at set pieces?
2. Being nowhere near your assigned field position when attack turns into defence.
3. Casually jogging back to help out in defence when we've lost the ball up the pitch?
4. As 3. but not picking up opposition runners who run past you to give support to one of their attacks.

Because he was f*cking shit all of them on Sunday. Quite simply he went AWOL when City had to defend. i.e. he dropped Fernandinho in the shit time and time and time again.

Dax777 said:
theres only one carlito said:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755615/player-stats/14664/OVERALL_04#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Check out yayas effort in defence. I do more in my sleep.

I see your Yaya defensive effort stat, and I raise you Milner's. The all effort guy. You tell me what you see.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...er-stats/15157/OVERALL_04#tabs-wrapper-anchor

But Milner is English so he has graft! didn't you know?

FantasyIreland said:
He was a fucking embarrassment at the swamp and has been for the most part of this season.He doesn't give a shit about this club and should have been shown the door last summer along with half a dozen other charlatans.

This and only this. He told us quite clearly he did not want to be here. Keeping him against his will has cost us this season. Full Stop.

I admire the idea of standing up to mercenaries. When we do that we need to do it like we did with Tevez (fine the fuck out of him and keep him away from the first team). Keeping Yaya and letting him sabotage our season is insane and people need to be sacked for it.

blueheart84 said:
Stephenhakin said:
Absolutely shocked that some Blues are still defending Yaya. He is the main reason for our recent poor performances its like we have been playing with ten men every game he has played recently. Worse for me is the fact he thinks this is acceptable. He is making mugs out of the lot of us.

Long time lurker here, but I have to jump in.

This is complete revisionist bollocks.

Our form crashed when Yaya wasn't even in the team, but some people here thought that when he came back from AFCON it was going to be like the second coming of Jesus and he was going to deliver us the title single handedly. When he came back and nothing changed the backlash begun. The problems at City are systemic right now, It's true that Yaya hasn't been in any great form, but he certainly isn't alone in that and saying that he is primary reason for our poor performances is simply scapegoating.

As an aside, anyone who actually watched AFCON could see that he wasnt going to come straight back into the team and deliver us the title. The guy is completely shot right now. Whether its exhaustion from the death of his brother/world cup/premier league/AFCON all coming back to back or simply that his age is catching up with him I don't know. Everyone can see that he isn't playing up the level of previous seasons but the total lack of respect shown here to one of our greatest is sickening. Yaya has carried this team on his back at times, particularly during crucial periods of our title winning seasons.

Should he go in the summer? Probably he should, but he wouldnt be the first name on my list. First would be a manager who cant seem to motivate players or train them in the basics of defending, set pieces and positioning. Second would be a Director of Football who pays 35 million for 29 year olds and over 40 million for a Centre Back with good physical attributes but zero defensive awareness.

agree with most you say. the snag is after his tantrum in the summer(i would have sold him) his lies, his disrespect for the club and owner he had to have the season of his life. truth is he's been a lazy ****, not on his own but a lazy **** nontheless.

blueheart84 said:
Dax777 said:
theres only one carlito said:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755615/player-stats/14664/OVERALL_04#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Check out yayas effort in defence. I do more in my sleep.

I see your Yaya defensive effort stat, and I raise you Milner's. The all effort guy. You tell me what you see.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...er-stats/15157/OVERALL_04#tabs-wrapper-anchor

But Milner is English so he has graft! didn't you know?

nothing to do with being english. navas isn't english but he puts a right shift in. its in their DNA.

Dax777 said:
Pablo1 said:
Dax777 said:
Happy to see you have come around to a position I have held since the Summer. A position you derided a good 7 months ago too. Should I take it that you now also agree the front office has been crap with their transfer work?

Happy to have you on board. Welcome to the club.

Anyway, let me clear up another fallacy, players generally don't care about a club unless they started their careers there. Some might have an aggressive playing style, or a fighting demeanor and others are more laid back. This is stylistic and not a function caring. Unless you are suggesting we play mostly EDS kid, which you probably aren't, pride is not an issue.

Yes, you are right, we need to get more naturally intense players with a Talent! Again another failing of the front office. By the way do you know a player with that natural passion? Sanchez! Yep same one I cried for last summer.

Not to digress: not saying Yaya had a great game but he was better than lots of players who seem to be getting a pass.
In fairness mate I've seen Zabaleta,Demichellis, Mangala,Navas, Milner, Clichy and Silva given grief for their performances on various threads since yesterday.
Yaya probably gets more negativity because his top levels are so high we expect much more from him. His massive frame doesn't help him, it's hard to miss him on the pitch so it's more noticable when he's not making forward runs or tracking back.
He's had his day here unless he's willing to play a bit part player role. If the club we're happy to pay his wages and he was happy to be an impact sub similar to lampard then he could still play a big part in future success.
Unfortunately that's a bit of a pipe dream, I doubt his ego would allow him to go down that route. If we can get a decent offer for him in the summer I'd be inclined to accept.
Outside of Navas, I haven't seen much grief regarding the others. Besides there is a specialvitriol reserved for Yaya that others never seem to get. Some of it is deserved, but a lot simply is ovr the top. The reaction to this game seems more of the latter.
Ps: just checked the Milner, Silva and KompAny threads, reactions to their performance? Pretty mild. Yaya was better than all 3, which says all one needs to know.
It only tells you all you need to know if you subscribe to the notion that Yaya was better than Silva and Kompany. I don't think he was. Apart from his yellow card I don't think you can have a go at vinnie too much for his 45 minutes. The goals weren't anything to do with him and he kept Rooney quiet. Our problems stemmed from the wide areas defensively with Zabba being overloaded on one side and Clichy failing to do his job on the other. Silva wasn't great after the initial 20 minutes, I wouldn't say Yaya performed better though.

Dax is entitled to his opinion but mine is quite the opposite,in fact,i really don't know what game Dax watched.......Other than a couple of good passes into the opposition half,Yaya offered very little at all,his attitude was appalling and I really don't want to witness similar ever again.

He should not be in the eleven on Sunday but I have little doubt he will be,and,yet again..... he will be allowing Song and co to waltz past him and have the freedom of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.