Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax777 said:
mosssideblue said:
Dax777 said:
I thought Yaya was one of our better players Yesterday. Dont get the outcry. It seem some just want to whine. He put some beautiful passes forward and kept Feliani challenged, even when he sometimes lost the jump ball he was there. This is way more than he ususally does defensively and he was on point with his passing offensively. So I am at a loss as to why he is being denigrated for yesterday's performance.

Apparently, he took a shot once and took his time jogging back on defense :? Big deal, Silva made a bad pass and did the same. Aguero at one point lazily walked towards a defender on the ball as Navas was running helter selter to close down 2 at a time. Yet no one seems to be outraged by those similar shows of a lack of energy.

Strange!

Put the fishing rod away mate. Not funny anymore
What fishing rod? Just coz most of you want to have preconceived notions before a single ball has been kicked and moan afterwards doesn't mean I should join in. As I was watching the game, I thought Yaya was better than most. Fernandihno, and Aguero were the only players who were better. He was better than Silva, Milner, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas and about similar to Zab, even though I gave him a bit of an edge. But there is no outrage about any of these players in fact some were even given a little praise for putting in an effort. Dont know what the fuk that means.

Here are the discernable facts
Shots:1) Aguero 5, 2) Yaya 2. Everyone else 1 or none

Shots on target: 2 Aguero, 1 Navas = Zero everyone else.

Pass Accuracy: 1) Mangala 100%, 2) Yaya 81%, 3)David Silva 80%

Aerial Balls won:1) Kompany 6, 2nd MDM 4, 3 Yaya 2: Everyone else 1 or none

Touches on the ball: 1) MDM 54, 2) Yaya Toure 52, 3) Pablo 52

Key passes: 1) Silva & Navas 2, Yaya, Zab, Lamps, Dihno, MDM 1. Everyone else 0.

Dribbles: 1) Yaya & Clichy 2, Dihno, Aguero and Komps 1; Everyone else 0

Dispossessed: David Silva & Milner 2, Aguero, Zab, Dihno, MDM, Komps Clichy, Nasri, Navas 1: Pay attention to who never got dispossesed: Yeah, Yaya !!(thats Inspite of more touches than most).

Unforced error: Sergio & Silva 2, Yaya, Milner and Navas 1. Others 0.

Tackles: Dihno 8. MDM 4, Zab 3, Yaya & Mang 2, Milner, Clichy, Komp, Nasri, Navas 1. others 0

Completed passes: 1) Silva 45, 2) Yaya 44 3) Zab 42 4)Dihno 41 others below

Long ball accuracy 1) Joe 4/16 2) Yaya 2/4 Everyone else 1 or less.

Percentage LB Accuracy: Yaya 50% & Silva 50% no one else above 33%

Thru Ball: 1) Milner 2, Yaya, Silva and Lampard 1. Everyone else 0.

Interceptions: Clichy 4, Zab & MDM 3, Yaya & Mang 2, everyone else 1 or 0

Fouls commited: Yaya & Zab 0. Clichy & Navas 3, Milner & Aguero 2, Everyone else who started had at least 1.

These are some of the emotion free stats for your perusal. I was the first to say Yaya should be sold when most of you were still being blue blinkered. And I'd complain when he is poor. Not saying he was great, but he was far better than many. Watching the game without some preconceived emotion about any player shows it. And the stats back it up.

He was average, like most of the others against a superior team on the night. But he was far from being the poorest player on the field. Of that I am absolutely certain.

So like I said earlier, I dont get the fake outrage :?

Just out of interest "stato". Do you know the distances covered for each player or our top three. Genuinely interested.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755615/player-stats/14664/OVERALL_04#tabs-wrapper-anchor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8- ... per-anchor</a>

Check out yayas effort in defence. I do more in my sleep.

Pablo1 said:
Dax777 said:
mosssideblue said:
Put the fishing rod away mate. Not funny anymore
What fishing rod? Just coz most of you want to have preconceived notions before a single ball has been kicked and moan afterwards doesn't mean I should join in. As I was watching the game, I thought Yaya was better than most. Fernandihno, and Aguero were the only players who were better. He was better than Silva, Milner, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas and about similar to Zab, even though I gave him a bit of an edge. But there is no outrage about any of these players in fact some were even given a little praise for putting in an effort. Dont know what the fuk that means.

Key passes: 1) Silva & Navas 2, Yaya, Zab, Lamps, Dihno, MDM 1. Everyone else 0.

Dispossessed: David Silva & Milner 2, Aguero, Zab, Dihno, MDM, Komps Clichy, Nasri, Navas 1: Pay attention to who never got dispossesed: Yeah, Yaya !!(thats Inspite of more touches than most).

Tackles: Dihno 8. MDM 4, Zab 3, Yaya, Mang, Milner, Clichy, Komp, Nasri, Navas 1. others 0

Fouls commited: Yaya & Zab 0. Clichy & Navas 3, Milner & Aguero 2, Everyone else who started had at least 2.

These are some of the emotion free stats for your perusal. I was the first to say Yaya should be sold when most of you were still being blue blinkered. And I'd complain when he is poor. Not saying he was great, but he was far better than many. Watching the game without some preconceived emotion about any player shows it. And the stats back it up.

He was average, like most of the others against a superior team on the night. But he was far from being the poorest player on the field. Of that I am absolutely certain.

That's some stretching of what actually happened in the game mate. Meaningless stats that don't take into account his actual performance. Go back and watch it (it doesn't get any better second time around I'm afraid) then come back and tell me you think he had a good game.
I didn't make the stats up. If you see anything made up, point it out.
I said he was one of our better players, this doesn't mean he had a good game. But to pretend he was the problem during the game simply is factually incorrect.

Again I will repeat: he was better than the following
Silva, Milner, Demivhelis, Clichy, Kompany and Navas.
Fernandihno was the only player who was clearly better. Aguero's goals pushed him past Yaya. Zaba had some good and bad overall I'd say Zab was about the same ofr abit better. Joe hart had some good saves some poor punts and some opportunity to be great but wasn't.

Simply put, Yaya was no worse than 2/3 of the sqaud and better than a good few. Accusations of laziness is silly. He has always played like this.

It is clear those who are trying hard not to deal in facts. Tell me the players who were better and let's compare.

He was a fucking embarrassment at the swamp and has been for the most part of this season.He doesn't give a shit about this club and should have been shown the door last summer along with half a dozen other charlatans.

Dax777 said:
Pablo1 said:
Dax777 said:

Tackles: Dihno 8. MDM 4, Zab 3, Yaya, Mang, Milner, Clichy, Komp, Nasri, Navas 1. others 0

Fouls commited: Yaya & Zab 0. Clichy & Navas 3, Milner & Aguero 2, Everyone else who started had at least 2.

That's some stretching of what actually happened in the game mate. Meaningless stats that don't take into account his actual performance. Go back and watch it (it doesn't get any better second time around I'm afraid) then come back and tell me you think he had a good game.
I said he was one of our better players, this doesn't mean he had a good game. But to pretend he was the problem during the game simply is factually incorrect.

Fernandihno was the only player who was clearly better. Aguero's goals pushed him past Yaya. Zaba had some good and bad overall I'd say Zab was about the same ofr abit better. Joe hart had some good saves some poor punts and some opportunity to be great but wasn't.

Simply put, Yaya was no worse than 2/3 of the sqaud and better than a good few. Accusations of laziness is silly. He has always played like this.

It is clear those who are trying hard not to deal in facts. Tell me the players who were better and let's compare.
I didn't say you made the stats up. I said you were stretching it to try and use those stats as proof he had a good game.
There's no point trying to compare, one of then says Mangala had 100% pass accuracy, am I to try and use that as proof he's had a good game?
The long and short of it is Yaya abandoned his midfield duties. He let us down in the most important area of the pitch and a handful of decent passes won't change my opinion of his performance.
I've loved having him in the team, he's been responsible for some fantastic memories. I fear he'll damage his legacy if he continues in the same vain though, itd be a sad state of affairs, but looks inevitable at the moment.

FantasyIreland said:
He was a fucking embarrassment at the swamp and has been for the most part of this season.He doesn't give a shit about this club and should have been shown the door last summer along with half a dozen other charlatans.
Happy to see you have come around to a position I have held since the Summer. A position you derided a good 7 months ago too. Should I take it that you now also agree the front office has been crap with their transfer work?

Happy to have you on board. Welcome to the club.

Anyway, let me clear up another fallacy, players generally don't care about a club unless they started their careers there. Some might have an aggressive playing style, or a fighting demeanor and others are more laid back. This is stylistic and not a function caring. Unless you are suggesting we play mostly EDS kid, which you probably aren't, pride is not an issue.

Yes, you are right, we need to get more naturally intense players with a Talent! Again another failing of the front office. By the way do you know a player with that natural passion? Sanchez! Yep same one I cried for last summer.

Not to digress: not saying Yaya had a great game but he was better than lots of players who seem to be getting a pass.

Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Happy to see you have come around to a position I have held since the Summer. A position you derided a good 7 months ago too. Should I take it that you now also agree the front office has been crap with their transfer work?

Happy to have you on board. Welcome to the club.

Anyway, let me clear up another fallacy, players generally don't care about a club unless they started their careers there. Some might have an aggressive playing style, or a fighting demeanor and others are more laid back. This is stylistic and not a function caring. Unless you are suggesting we play mostly EDS kid, which you probably aren't, pride is not an issue.

Yes, you are right, we need to get more naturally intense players with a Talent! Again another failing of the front office. By the way do you know a player with that natural passion? Sanchez! Yep same one I cried for last summer.

Not to digress: not saying Yaya had a great game but he was better than lots of players who seem to be getting a pass.
In fairness mate I've seen Zabaleta,Demichellis, Mangala,Navas, Milner, Clichy and Silva given grief for their performances on various threads since yesterday.
Yaya probably gets more negativity because his top levels are so high we expect much more from him. His massive frame doesn't help him, it's hard to miss him on the pitch so it's more noticable when he's not making forward runs or tracking back.
He's had his day here unless he's willing to play a bit part player role. If the club we're happy to pay his wages and he was happy to be an impact sub similar to lampard then he could still play a big part in future success.
Unfortunately that's a bit of a pipe dream, I doubt his ego would allow him to go down that route. If we can get a decent offer for him in the summer I'd be inclined to accept.

Pablo1 said:
Dax777 said:
Pablo1 said:

I didn't say you made the stats up. I said you were stretching it to try and use those stats as proof he had a good game.
There's no point trying to compare, one of then says Mangala had 100% pass accuracy, am I to try and use that as proof he's had a good game?
The long and short of it is Yaya abandoned his midfield duties. He let us down in the most important area of the pitch and a handful of decent passes won't change my opinion of his performance.
I've loved having him in the team, he's been responsible for some fantastic memories. I fear he'll damage his legacy if he continues in the same vain though, itd be a sad state of affairs, but looks inevitable at the moment.
Again, I did not say Yaya had a good game.mi said he was better than a lot of players who got a pass for being poor.
Milner, Silva, Aguero pretty much disappeared after the first 15 minutes until Aguero popped for a goal late. Yaya actually didn't. He wasn't great, no one was. Dihno was good, worked his ass off. Everyone else was below par.

But amongst those Below par, Yaya played better than most. So when I come on the Yaya thread, and folks are pouring on emotion without context. I push back with facts. The truth is we were outplayed by a better squad on the day. They were first to more balls and played aggressive disciplined football.

In the First 20 minutes we had them confused, but they got a goal against the run of play and ascended in superiority there after. We never got a foothold, everyone was making mistakes on our squad.

Our problem began with Aguero lazily spearheading the high-pressure, Milner and Navas tried, Silva earlier but soon tired out. Yaya was lazy like Aguero too. But it wouldn't have mattered coz once Aguero doesn't chase aggressively it all breaks down.
The breakdown occurred long before Yaya's laziness came into play. Once they started dominating we became poorer and poorer, ACROSS THE BOARD, singling out Yaya seems pre determined. Seeing as Carrick could always find Felliani without pressure (( I should point out that was Milner then Silva's duty at different points: both failed) how many times did Clichy have 2v1 with no support from Silva or Milner? How often was Jones/other guy who scored allowed to walk the ball straight into Dihno, Aguero failure.

The defensive failures were plentiful and the norm. To single out Yaya seems silly seeing as very few did anything. And the stats supports that.

Mangala 100% pass completion is neither strange nor proof he played well, just that he completed all his passes.

The reason I gave so many stats was to show how often Yaya was present compared to his teammates. This doesn't peove he played we'll, nor have I argued he did. But it's assinine to suggest he was shit. Unless that is, one is concluding Everyone but Dihno was shit!

And in that case we might as well rid of all of them.

Context: in this one game, Yaya wasn't as bad as more than half the squad. So why is he the scapegoat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.